2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all lovely sunny day here ,noisey house at the mo with the fans and humidifiers drying walls and floors out ,will be back in ten days to do metre readings to see if plastering etc can commence fingers crossed.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Logan I'm sure it will there's always a rainbow was going to decorate Kitchen/diner before Xmas saved me a few aching bones;)
@Zenj Things like that can wait until after. I always do decorating and the spring cleaning in January. I'm too busy with the garden in march.:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm making some more Bath Buddies for friends.
Went to the local DIY store for a length of wood..They only had one piece of the size I needed..
I consulted staff to ask if they had any more as this was full of resin and unusable for my purpose
reply...
No... we have no more that size as we only replenish stocks when they are low...

OMG...who is paying that guy..:)

Bath Caddy Complete.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Took me ages to load this photo! Lovely typography, @BigC !

@Zenji A lot to put up with when you have your house put to right, but just think about the lovely new bits for Christmas.. A bit of silver lining.

I have followed your advice, @Zenji and my Trollius Chinensis has now got 2 flowers.

SAM_0339.JPG
SAM_0337small.jpg

This is the only echinop I have got, after trying to germinate them numerous times and I don't even know where the seedlings have disappeared to!
SAM_0347.JPG

Royal Rumble Salvia
SAM_0335.JPG
Just when you thought everything had packed up, I saw this lovely alstroemeria flowering for the first time. I bought them earlier this year, thinking that I was not going to see any flower this year. What a sweet surprise!
SAM_0331.JPG

Most of these photos have been reduced to 7 inches .. Not bad!

But they took ages to upload .. no, AGES!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan Barley is so polite .. You should be proud of him! LOL!

@Verdun That's a good price for 3L new variety .. Would love to get some cuttings off you. The one you saw is my FIRST daphne!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely photo, @Logan

Of course, he will protect you and your hubby. Dogs are so loyal. Don't think I will get up in such sheer darkness so early in the morning to walk the dog. I dragged myself out to scarify the lawn. I don't really want to leave it too late. Fortunately, there was more light at 7.45am.. But at 6.30, it was just impossibly dark and black. I admire your dedication.

Made me laugh when you said the dog barked at the bushes and didn't like the walk.. keeping dogs requires such a lot of sacrifices!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp yes thanks, you're right. We never go away,we could put them in Kennels, the dog trainer has his own and does training aswell. But they'll have to have a Kennel cough vacination. We had one of our other dogs have one, because the vet recommended it because we were taking him dog training. I was shocked when the vet put it up his nose. Our dog didn't like at all,wouldn't do it again. One of our other dogs, had a very runny nose and all blocked up,just like a cold. The vet said it was a form of kennel cough. It can make the dog very run down.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all!
What s lovely day it was yesterday.....so warm !

Have even busy pulling up spent annuals and dividing others plants.Weeding and mulching borders. As I have already mentioned ...I lost most of my Wallflowers back in the summer ,as I was here there and everywhere and living most of the time in London.I had to result in buying bundles of barefooted plants ,so also been busy planting them out too.
Have a Wonderful Weekend!:)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning @Upsy Daisy yes it was lovely yesterday. But we had a frost this morning. The Cosmos is still ok though. Waiting for them to finish so i can put the tulips in. I might plant them deeper so i can leave them in and plant over the top of them. Have a good day.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp One of our other dogs, had a very runny nose and all blocked up,just like a cold. The vet said it was a form of kennel cough. It can make the dog very run down.

Yes, that's like my son going into a concert and suddenly there were so many people with sniffs and coughs, you bound to pick up some of those. That happened every year after the first concert. On the other hand, the little jolts like sniffs or coughs might strengthen their constitution. That's platitude when your dogs or my son suffer(s) ... Every cough makes me worry..

Ask a Question