2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I've just looked it up ....It can be spelt both ways, but it does say if you use the much less common 'whimp' people may regard you as being 'wimpy' :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I don't really know. I have lost my interest in spelling .. especially the US spell cheque as check.. so I have perfectly good reason to relax my spelling. LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks once again@alp.

I just wish it had more winter colour and borders more densely planted out. My problem is that I love to change things each summer and so enjoy sowing and growing different annuals each year .....but this leaves me with spaces to fill when winter comes......and this year most of my wallflowers died from lack of water!! I am also a tad 'scared ' that if I plant more perennials then I wont have much to do anymore except keep things tidy. I spent my winter months planning and choosing what annuals to sow for the following year.

Agree about the spelling and the US spell checker....it's underlining the word' colour,' because it wants me to write 'color'........there you go ... line has vanished....aaargh!!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've just about pulled all my Cosmos out now :(, It was a first time for me , they lasted ages!!! Will certainly sow them again next year:)(y)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really know. I have lost my interest in spelling .. especially the US spell cheque as check.. so I have perfectly good reason to relax my spelling. LOL!
On my phone i get 3 different words come up. I put in Whimp,it also puts up whimper whimpered and whimpering. Sometimes i think that it will put a space inbetween and sometimes it doesn't. But i don't get on with technology very well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah thanks for the tip........in case I forget, remind me next year to do the same please :)(y)

When did you sow them?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have lost my interest in spelling .. especially the US spell cheque as check.. so I have perfectly good reason to relax my spelling. LOL!

Agree about the spelling and the US spell checker....it's underlining the word' colour,' because it wants me to write 'color'........there you go ... line has vanished....aaargh!!!!!

Please forgive me, but I laughed out loud. :p :LOL:

If it makes you feel any better - I read a lot of books by British authors when I was a kid. I can't remember if this happened in the second or third grade, but we had a spelling test, and my teacher marked mine wrong when I wrote "neighbour," and "favourite."

I took whatever book I was reading at the time, looked through it, then, armed with my proof and the spelling test, I marched up to her desk and told her I thought she was wrong. I had spelled those words correctly, look here... :cautious:

She briefly looked where I was pointing, flipped my book closed, looked at the author, and brusquely said, "Well, yes, but he's English."

She was not amused when I, in my innocence, said "I thought we were learning English." o_O

Ask a Question