Your day apart from gardening

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
It's been Saturday for me every day for the last twenty-two years. Well not quite.
We don't have days of the week as such.

Monday - Golf Day.
Tuesday - Go and get my wife's TV magazine day
Wednesday - Golf Day
Thursday - Shopping Day
Friday - Golf Day

Gardening, playing my jukeboxes, my wall boxes, leccy piano and tenor sax and jobs around the house fitted in round all of the above.
More of the same at the week-end.

As long as I stick to the weekday routine, my wife can get done what needs doing when I'm at golf.
Any day I don't go, disrupts her routine, "and she says from then on, she doesn't know what day of the week it is."
that is a long time to be retired. just a baby at it now.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Made 2 lots of jam, fruit from the garden

Redcurrant
20200722_100250.jpg

Gooseberry but it didn't set very well
20200722_105940.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Another golf day, a bit damp early on, but it cleared up.

Golf is the only game where at club level, with handicaps, you get a "start." It's a bit like a 100mtr race where lesser abled competitors could say, start at the 20 metre line.
None of those with whom I play have a handicap lower than 12. If one of the assistant pros plays with us in our roll-ups, he'll start off at plus 4. That means he'd have to have an average of par for fourteen holes and birdie four, just to break level with someone who played to their handicap.
Of course in the professional game, the pros think nothing of hitting 300 balls on the practice ground before starting their round.
We'll settle for a cup of coffee in the pro shop and a couple of Paracetamol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Been retired since April 2001, bought some land next door 2018 am now nearly broke but have guaranteed elbow room and no one will build close.
i In the final stages of getting a fence up. been doing it all in stages other than driving the T post as a bit of money was earned.

There was dead trees to remove and a work area to be cleared and smoothed out. This is the last remaining part.

This is what it looked like at the start.
bcP9OmA.jpg

The easy part went fast and even the straw bosses approved.

e8U8bLg.jpg

Used line to keep the post line straight.

PJEF7VA.jpg

wUXW6Gn.jpg

A brush pile to run thru the chipper at a later date.

kmLw5Db.jpg

Al

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Recovering slowly after what they call a " life threatening medical emergency" last weekend saw me airlifted off the island where I live by helicopter. The peace here now and my small garden are even more precious than ever.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
A still silent dawning; which means " the midge" are out looking for fresh blood. so no gardening until we get wind.

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi Islander 77,
Try this one it'll say it all,

Country nights.
It's a clear cold night,
The stars will soon be out, Just like a show for free,
Backed by the moon all performing just for me.

Winters the time when nature makes the rules,
Naked trees parade without leaves, All are nude silhouetting in the moons face nothing crude, No discrace.

The owl's now awake turning his head round and those eyes and white shading all around his face,
He's out for dinner and will get his prey "make no mistake".

The silence is deafening, the feeling of being alone in the night air only adds to fear of any sound, That thought of who's out there?
It's then the sound comes nearer and more meaningful and that first "Yes" first sight of a face,

My eyes locked on the eyes of the visitor and then that charge towards the open front door !!!

My fear stops dead as the visitor steps into the hall
A quick circle around my legs as i close the door,

The visitor sits at my feet and starts to lick its paws, He's home "Safe again the end to a perfect day.

Who could ask for more?

Ask a Question