Your day apart from gardening

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Usual stuff. off to work soon. I am an essential staff person. some Zoom meetings to deal with. a few patients to follow-up on. hopefully home early to finish painting some woodwork. No plans to go out over the weekend, fingers crossed weather good, to garden all weekend. Tuesday husband home from a month gone in Florida at our new RV on a campsite next to a lake, fishing he is. have to spray him down with lysol before he gets near me.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
We have 2 dogs and they get walked 4 times a day.
Since this virus we're told only 1 hour a day exercise and that's including the dog walking. For the 2 walks in the afternoon twice we took them a different way but still go past a lot of houses and not far away.
Then a week ago on Tuesday someone sent this through the post, that's only half of the paper it's too large to be photographed. It's a copy of a newspaper and they've highlighted what we should be doing.
20200406_153023.jpg

This is the second piece
20200406_152959.jpg

I don't think that it's the closest neighbours but I think that someone followed us home to get the number of our house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I sometimes buy sheet music on-line. This facility was the death of many music shops as what you want is pretty much always in stock.
Music shops usually held stocks of popular music in C and occasionally in Eb and Bb for those instruments that needed it. But more often or not they'd have to order it for you.

On-line you can often have it in any key you choose and it's half the price of stuff you'd buy in the shop. It's all legit, these firms pay a copyright fee to the composers.
You just pay for it and print it off.
Yesterday, I ordered some from the USA. But I couldn't modulate the key, before printing it because of my adblocker.
So I e-mailed the firm explaining the problem and within ten minutes I'd had a reply and a "work around" supplied and I was able to print it.

So some work is still being done.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
You get some busybodies don't you?

"It was an unnecessary journey to follow you."
From what I have read it is a bit more then just busy bodies.

Watching remote areas with drones to force people to stay inside. If a remote is not one heck of a distancing then nothing is

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
We don't go too far from our house. Hubby said that people are buying their own alcohol and about 10 adults are sitting in pub gardens when the pubs are closed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
To cheer her up at this rather stressful time, I've just ordered one of these for my wife, she saw on the shopping channel and "expressed a casual interest," if you know what I mean, "as she's got so much stuff she needs to make,"
It will be better for her than the little table she's used for years. I think they're a bit over-priced, but no matter.

When she's not using it it can be rolled back against a wall in the lounge.

506753_STANDARD__000_20200116.jpg

506753_STANDARD__000_20200116_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Off to work again, essential staff here. taking a nice chef salad with me. when home later, baked salmon for dinner with sides. rained with thunder and lightening last night, good soaking. be safe all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
That's very thoughtful of you @Sean Regan she should love it.

Thanks for that, I'm hoping it will mean a tidier lounge, but I'm not holding my breath. Anytime I go in there when she's working, to have a conversation, I have to move something that's drying, before I can find a chair or the sofa to sit on.

Just had a letter from the Inland Revenue.
Well... Not really... It's their computer that generates these.
It's telling me that as from next month, as I'll be 80, I'll get another 25p a week (less tax of course)
There's computers for you, this amount was already included in the figure they gave me as the annual pension increase, weeks ago.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
No dog walking busybodies or police here, trying to comprehend how that activity is even a threat...anyway, we have been walking our dog, Tate. He likes having us at home.
8AD26041-5585-46DE-BF45-102BCD975703.jpeg

I added this sheet copper top to my Big Green Egg table. Fun it was beating it with a hammer and more enjoyable I think than refinishing would have been. I also painted the bathroom, so had my limit of fun with paint and brushes.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
, I'm hoping it will mean a tidier lounge, but I'm not holding my breath. Anytime I go in there when she's working, to have a conversation, I have to move something that's drying, before I can find a chair or the sofa to sit on.
It will still be the same, there's more space to put more on. :)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
trying to comprehend how that activity is even a threat...anyway, we have been walking our dog, Tate.
How many times do you walk him ?
It's because if we come into contact with other people, the more we go out the more chance of catching it, but we keep 2 meters away from anybody and they do as well. We walk ours 4 times a day but had to cut down. :)

Ask a Question