Hello from my apartment window sill :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a (minimum temperatures 20-25F or -6.7 to -3.9C)
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I live in a city centre apartment with a windowsill that is sunny through some of the day. Some of other apartments keep plants on the balcony-ledge thing but our doors are broken so we can't. We have a mint plant that we adopted by accident, a dragon thingy that my flatmate got when he moved out of his parents, and a humble collection of what I believe are 4 succulents that I buy from a street vendor in town occaisonally (apparently my partner likes them so sometimes I just kind of thrust one at him as a message of "I love you and you like these so I bring them to you").

Oh, and I have a little pak choi thingy that I used while cooking. I kind of nestled the stump in the soil because I thought it was funny and the little guy has grown all beautiful new leaves! There is also an avocado stone in a bucket of soil that I planned on trying to hatch but I only watered it once and then forgot about it, so I'll have to try again with that sometime, maybe finding out exactly what it wants beforehand this time. :)

I'm happy to see them doing fairly well (they survived a narrow brush with death and being repotted whilst a bit dead) but I am acutely aware that is is a fluke on my part as I haven't done anything differently than I did with the last couple of supermarket herbs (that died horrible deaths to do with a load of gross tiny transparent worms in the soil). Although the mint is not so happy right now and I'm not sure why, so I may ask for help shortly.

So I thought I'd come here and try and learn some more for their welfare. :D Especially as I am quite taken with them.

Jace XOXO

IMG_20160817_162226434_HDR[1].jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)Hello and a warm welcome to you @jasriel and all your green things. You have such a lovely climate for growing things and i am happy to see you are taking advantage of it. We love sharing information, experiences, ideas, photos, questions and answers, so don't hesitate.(y)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hello, jasriel, and welcome to the forum!! :)

I'm not overly familiar with succulents, but that is a very pretty little one at the front middle of your planter. Looks like light green flowers! Kind of reminds me of "hens and chicks," but I don't think that's what it is... :confused:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It came unlabelled and so far I am pretty clueless at identifying them so I've no idea what it actually is though. :p
:D Well, you have definitely come to the right place! If you'll just step this way, I'd be happy to show you to the "Plant Identification" forum!! Of course, you'll want to bring your pictures and show them around to the gang...

Ask a Question