Your day apart from gardening

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
It will still be the same, there's more space to put more on. :)

Yep!

"Craft stuff expands to fill the space available."

To be fair, she's had this hobby for over 20 years.
So as well of piles of it in a corner of the lounge behind a chair, there's stuff neatly packed in plastic boxes that fills the cocktail cabinet in the big unit in the front room.
There's this in the box bedroom that I built for her to store "stuff." (Err.. that's a spare Leak tuner/amp of mine, near the bottom I bought "just in case").

P1030269.JPG

But her tastes change. At one time I used to print off a lot of stuff for her from CD Roms she'd bought over the years, but not for quite some time now as she gets kit from other sources. So there's three dozen CD Roms sitting here doing nothing.

P1030774.JPG

But it's her money, she can spend it on what she chooses as far as I'm concerned, I spend enough on my "boys toys," and golf costs me well over £1,000 a year, but neither of us would ever get into debt.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
The craft storage/desk I bought for my wife arrived today.
It only took about an hour to put together. I don't think it represented good value for money, but I wouldn't mention it to her. It was what she wanted, so that was good enough for me.
Looking on-line for similar items, there's a lot of choice, but they are all horrendously expensive. Anything associated with "craft," is always expensive, much as anything I found with the word "koi" associated with it used to be when I was in to that as a hobby.

P1030880.JPG

She's in the middle of sorting things out between what will be going on it, what will join the stuff in the cocktail cabinet of the big wall unit in the front room, what will be joining other stuff in the unit I built for her in the box bedroom and what will be in boxes piled up behind her Stressless chair, or behind the other one in this photo.
I reckon two days should see it done.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
My music stand bracketsfor my Tyros 5 have arrived from the USA. They were supplied by a fellow contributor to the same Yamaha keyboard players' message board. He no longer needed them as he's changed pianos (as we all do, I'm on my sixth) and it won't fit. These were designed and made for the Yamaha Tyros range 1-5, by another contributor then supplied to other people with one of the same type of piano.
What started off as $20, ended up with postage and customs duty at £55. But never mind, I'm pleased with them.

So I've gone from this.

P1040325.JPG

To this.

I've even got my "after market" music stand light to fit (stick-on Velcro)

It also means I can push the piano back closer to the wall without the tops of sheet music rubbing on the wallpaper.

P1040367.JPG

It's far easier to read the music without leaning forward and I can still see the digital display.
The brackets are well designed and the stand is rock solid.
They are attached by pins in exactly the same way as the original ones. The weight is taken by the keyboard, but there are pads to stop them marking it. The brackets can be changed back to the original ones in seconds if required.

P1040368.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
The news isn't all bad.

As a member of my golf club, I'm a part owner. The downside of this is that if the club gets into financial difficulties, the members would have to pay a levy, if we want the club to survive. That's on top of around £1000 a year membership fee. This has happened in the past. When we entered lockdown, the catering facilities were stopped and the bar closed. (But we could buya bottle of beer from the pro shop).
It also meant the club was unable to host outside functions, like wedding receptions birthdays and funerals.The catering services and bar sales were an important part of our income.
So it was a worrying situation.
However, "the money is pooring in," well not quite, but the number of visitors who probably have been furloughed from their jobs and prepared to pay for a round of golf has been astonishing. Today was one of our "roll up days," when any member who fancies a bit of a team game can turn up and play. Fourteen of us were here this morning which was about average. We have several tee-times regularly saved for this purpose. When we walked off the course at around 1.30 p.m. We found the carpark full. Normally on a weekday, there might be forty cars in it, at most, but today there were well over a hundred. Some would be those of other members, but more would have been visitors.
At £30 a round, that represents a lot of cash. It's mostly profit, as with functions, wage costs and food take up a great deal of the income they generate. So at the moment we're in a very healthy financial situation.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
It's been Saturday for me every day for the last twenty-two years. Well not quite.
We don't have days of the week as such.

Monday - Golf Day.
Tuesday - Go and get my wife's TV magazine day
Wednesday - Golf Day
Thursday - Shopping Day
Friday - Golf Day

Gardening, playing my jukeboxes, my wall boxes, leccy piano and tenor sax and jobs around the house fitted in round all of the above.
More of the same at the week-end.

As long as I stick to the weekday routine, my wife can get done what needs doing when I'm at golf.
Any day I don't go, disrupts her routine, "and she says from then on, she doesn't know what day of the week it is."

Ask a Question