9a
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey Mike, was the scotch ok? :eek:

You take it easy now :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Righto Mike, what's it going to be then - either put your bedroom downstairs, or install a stairlift .......and what if you already had a go at the scotch may I ask ??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
So. My flat/maisonette is basically. The houses are in blocks and the end ones are flats. With gardens. I enjoy a tipple at bedtime only. Helps me sleep. I have a stair lift, and seldom use it.

In the past. I read medicine for three years. I wanted to be a doctor. I am under Guys Hospital for urology and the cardio unit. I have aortic stenosis. The main artery into the heart is closing down. A stent can be inserted. Fair do's I am close to 82. So the old bugger is wearing out. So life is sweet, but we all have the same finale.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm also hoping a stent will not be necessary - same old, same old. I keep taking the pills - it's my COPD that slows me down mostly.
I think you should use the stair lift. Gardening gives all the exercise needed. Thank goodness for the garden aye. :D
No more going downstairs the quick way !!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Topps '06 Baseball

Yurendell DeCaster.jpg

Mastny RC.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
out and about general errands. love my area. many folks have veggie gardens, and now they have too much. So signs in front of their house "FREE" this or that. I just stop and pick up some veggies. have tomatoes and zucchini today. tomorrow who knows. And then there is the Amish markets , got me a bag of ears of corn, 6 of them for $3.00. and a dozen of fresh laid free range eggs for $2.00. almost margarita time. Cheers to retirement. hope I can make it 20 years.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's always those with less money who seem happy to share - never the other way around.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
It's always those with less money who seem happy to share - never the other way around.
The tomato sharing neighbors live in an historic stone house, they moved in about 2 years ago, it sold for about $450,000.00, guess they are poor with their monthly bills, story goes they owned some restaurants in Boston sold those to move to the country. The Zucchini people live on this huge farm, with an awesome bridge over their babbling creek. Sweet folks. They also moved in about 4 years ago. Nice to see their cows roaming etc. Saw the cost of their farm well over $400,000.00 also.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
We keep destroying habitat that should belong to the animals, it's only right that the poor things should retaliate and try to survive. Good luck to them - I'm sure you agree @Logan
Yes but the Chinese helped them on their journey even when they turned around and went back to where they came from. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Found myself a small job.

I've had this chairside table for about twenty years (from the days when things were made in "real wood" not Contiplas or mdf).

But it only has one shelf. This was fine, until I started to want to keep my laptop under it.

I've six remote controls. Those for the DVD/CD player and VHS player (I've a lot of film noir on VHS) I leave under the TV.

The other four are for the Virgin Tivo box, two Humax tunerr/recorder/players and the remote for the TV. So the top of the table was always a mess. I tried to find on-line, another table with two shelves, but had no success.

The only solution was to add one to the original table. So I went to the local woodyard this morning with the measurements of the shelf and got them to cut a piece of walnut laminated chipboard (the darkest colour they had) to the same size as the shelf. I had to cut matching grooves in it like the original shelf that sit on pins screwed into the legs and put four small screws in the legs to replicate the pins, for the new shelf.
Then just a case of using some iron-on laminate for the bare edges and trim it off with a Stanley knife. Took about half an hour in the end.

Job done.

P1050425.JPG

Last edited:

Ask a Question