Your day apart from gardening

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
A few days ago Hubby was asked if he had seen a golden retriever running around by herself. She was frightened by a noise and ran off. She had been in a puppy farm having puppies and had been rescued and in a new home when it happened. Don't know how long she can cope being outside for so long. This was on a lamppost up the road from us.
20211006_162628.jpg

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
A few days ago Hubby was asked if he had seen a golden retriever running around by herself. She was frightened by a noise and ran off. She had been in a puppy farm having puppies and had been rescued and in a new home when it happened. Don't know how long she can cope being outside for so long. This was on a lamppost up the road from us.
View attachment 85336
Just an update, she's been found.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
On the road much today, driving about an hour to hand deliver some important papers to a government office. On the way back, pet store for some supplies, then food store for some shopping. Over here, on certain days of the week stores offer a percentage off the bill for "senior citizens" 5% adds up, its something. anyone else able to take advantage of that. Also in many of my stores I shop there is the "day old " area or the "soon to expire" area, can pick up good stuff there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I was about to drive home from golf Friday afternoon, but I found I had no clutch!
Fortunately I was still in the carpark. Called the RAC (two minutes of Covid and 'elf n' safety information before anyone answered)

He checked whether it was air in the line, but wasn't, I need a new master cylinder. Got towed home, phoned my mechanic, he's ordered a new cylinder, hopefully it'll get fixed next week, if he can get it.

Can't really complain as the car is sixteen years old and it's the first time it's let me down.

That was a suprise.
My regular mechanic who comes and services my car and takes it away for it's MOT every year, and would do any other necessary work on it if ever it needed, said on Friday he'd try and fit in this week.
I was suprised that he turned up at 10.00 am on Monday morning with the part. He said he'd moved jobs around as he knew how dependent we are on the car. He always works with his son who's in his thirties.
He showed me the old master cylinder where the seal had failed. Best replaced with a new genuine Honda part.

Done and dusted before mid day and he only charged me £60 for labour.
He'll be back next month for the service and MOT.
I work on the basis, if it needs doing he does it, with no questions asked. It's a beneficial permanent arrangement.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
A few months ago Hubby had to have a hernia operation and was away for most of the day and I couldn't wait for him to come home, it was so strange without him. I haven't felt like that when he's working for a few hours a day at the schools.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Yesterday this arrived from Littlewoods store online it's 45cm tall and was 24.99 pounds. Had to order early before they sell out.
View attachment 85592
Very nice, looks well done. I think I have one boxed in my basement, not gray clothes, but I believe red clothes, have not had it out of its box in a few years. Not big on Christmas Decorations as I used to be, just a few things go out.

Ask a Question