Your day apart from gardening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well that's all well and good young man, but you STILL haven't been round to build me an oriental style shed yet have you - and the order has been in over three years now
1628787436778.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 84193 So you ''LIKE(y)'' making me cry then. You sod.

Occasionally when I tell my wife I'm going to do some sort of repair to something in the garden or around the house which requires a bit of physical effort, I don't do it very often I just get on with it, as she'll remind me of my age and say, "Why don't you get a man in?"

Today she came off the phone after talking to one of her friends and mentioned that she had a problem with one of her garden fences and "Could you go round and take a look at it?"

So I mentioned my age and suggested her friend should, "get a man in."

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can be a bit perverse too - I would probably get on very well with your wife. I think I might try the ''shall I get a man in'' on Ziggy.....he will probably tell me that's a good idea :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Been reading up on the tax issues/property exchange today, 40 pages, as we are getting ready to sell two apartments to buy one somewhere in North or South Carolina. We want a ready to move in house on a fishing lake. Something near enough that a boat can connect.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Very good @Sean Regan the everly brothers did cryin in the rain.

They did.

We were talking about them on a music board, as Don Everly had recently died.

Not sure if I've mentioned it here or on another board.

The Everlys recorded 23 songs written by Felice and Boudleaux Bryant for Cadence, nearly all their hit records amongst them..
Warner Brothers wanted to get into the music business, so in 1960, signed the Everlys for $1,000,000.
But they were tied to Acuff-Rose publishing and also owed Cadence 14 songs. So they made the album "Songs Our Daddy Taught Us." to complete the contract with Cadence. F & B Bryant were also tied up with A-C. So the Everlys weren't then able to record anything they wrote or anything more that F & B Bryant wrote, with Warner Brothers.

So they recorded "Cryin in the Rain," written by Carole King, it went to No. 6 in the States.

Last edited:

Ask a Question