Who Loves Lavender?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for the information, Gina145!:) I wish the ice cream absorbed the color of the flowers, it would look so interesting and pretty:) I don't have an ice cream maker either, but maybe I'll buy it in the future because it must be a lot of fun to make your own cold desserts:D

Reaction score
Can you tell us how to make your own bath oils with lavender? It sounds so good, I would love to give it a try, there is nothing better than a hot, aromatic bath. This is what I need!:D

Hey Claudine! My process is fairly simple since its not possible to extract the essential oils from lavender at home. What I do is soak the lavender in a carrier oil, such as olive oil, and from there I strain the oil which then has the aroma of lavender. A good site to explain it better is:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/lavender-oil-how-to-make-lavender-oil-at-home.html

Let me know if this helps! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you! It doesn't sound too complicated, I'll definitely give it a try soon and I'll let you know if I like it. I adore scented baths, there is nothing more relaxing:). Is lavender good for the skin? My skin is rather oily.

Reaction score
Thank you! It doesn't sound too complicated, I'll definitely give it a try soon and I'll let you know if I like it. I adore scented baths, there is nothing more relaxing:). Is lavender good for the skin? My skin is rather oily.

No problem! Yes it is very relaxing I love it!

When it comes to skin I guess I depends on the individual. I have eczema and really dry skin and I have never ran into any problems with lavender so I do recommend it. But I would say also just be mindful of your skin type and pay attention to how your skin reacts after bathing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I will:) Now I must get the plant and as soon as I have it, I'll make myself a nice, lavender bath:cool:

Reaction score
I think everyone loves lavender! I sure do. I love making potpourri with lavender, sage, and mint. The combination smells so lovely, and is so relaxing. I also like putting lavender satchets in my bath. I haven't cooked with it yet; honestly I didn't even think about cooking it until I read some of the replies in this thread. Now I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for the idea!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've just found a recipe of lavender cookies, I think that it's a good place to share it with you: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lavender-cookies
In my opinion lavender cookies sound rather interesting, I wounder if they're tasty. Has any of you tried to bake them?

lavender-cookies.jpg

Reaction score
Lavender in large banks is absolutely spectacular. Not only is it beautiful but its durable too, remarkably unfussy.
I wish I had more space to plant a large area but I am limited and unwilling to take garden space away from the other things that I love to grow.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Yes lavender is stunning when in large banks.

They also look good in pots or window boxes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
One of my lavender plants set buds and started blooming a week ago. It was such a surprise to see the first buds, and a true delight to see the blooms once they opened. I started several seeds last year in late summer and only three of the plants survived. They all need more growing space now and I have to come up with a protection plan to save them over the winter.

Reaction score
I love lavender mostly because of its color...it's more than gorgeous, sometimes I dream about turning my garden into a lavender field:D . It would be heavenly:

lavender_medium-560x243.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the scent though. I'd much rather look at lavender than smell it or eat it.

480830_661130143903814_288376813_n.jpg
Those are the most beautiful photos. There is nothing like that color. I have had jacaranda trees of that color, but yes it would be great to have a field of lavendar. I would put up with any critters to see and smell such a beautiful array like that.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love the aroma of lavender, it is so relaxing. Purple is my favorite color also. I have not tried to grow the plants yet, just enjoy them when I see them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Those are the most beautiful photos. There is nothing like that color. I have had jacaranda trees of that color, but yes it would be great to have a field of lavendar. I would put up with any critters to see and smell such a beautiful array like that.
Oh, I dream of Jacaranda trees! If they grew in my climate zone, I would plant at least ten of them in my garden:D Of course lavender fields are gorgeous too, but I prefer Jacarandas.

Reaction score
I have always loved the smell of Lavender. It is soothing and relaxing. I have a 6 month old baby and he has always loved the smell too. It puts him to sleep.

Ask a Question