Who Loves Lavender?

Jed

Reaction score
:rolleyes: They say the scent attracts women like pheromones. I gave some to my brother and he says it doesn't work.

A lavender flower is one which I regularly pick at any opportunity. People have it growing over fences and I discreetly pick a flower and smell the lovely scent.
I often find a dried flower in a pocket of mine that's made it through the wash.:rolleyes:
I've never noticed women following me but I will take notice from now on.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
Lavender is so pretty! I love the scent but I have to use it sparingly because too much can cause an allergic reaction.

Good to know that. I'm not aware of having any allergies, but one can never be sure. It's amazing how things that are good for most people can be so harmful to a few individuals.

Reaction score
The images on here are so dreamy :) I absolutely love Lavender and if I ever get my dream property, I am hoping to have something like the first image in claudine's post.

I currently have about 4 or 5 varieties of lavender but only 1 of each as we are limited for space at the moment. I tend to find they pretty much cope with any type of treatment (e.g. lack of watering, being left out in the cold).

However, over the last 2 years I have lost 4 lavender pinnata's. All of them seem to have suffered in the cold weather, so if you have this variety, it is worth taking particular care of them during the winter.

Reaction score
I think Lavender is so beautiful, but I never could get into the smell! I love them for planting and growing, even for decor in my house since their beauty is breath-taking, but I don't like them anywhere near my nose! Lol The smell is just a bit too much for me to handle. I guess their beauty makes up for it though!

Reaction score
Good to know that. I'm not aware of having any allergies, but one can never be sure. It's amazing how things that are good for most people can be so harmful to a few individuals.

I read an article somewhere a long time ago that said some people with fair skin are allergic to lavender. I am very fair skinned and I am assuming this is right to some extent because I can smell of it and just adore the smell but touching it makes me itch. This goes well for any beauty products that have lavender as the main ingredient in the potion.

Reaction score
I love lavender mostly because of its color...it's more than gorgeous, sometimes I dream about turning my garden into a lavender field:D . It would be heavenly:

lavender_medium-560x243.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the scent though. I'd much rather look at lavender than smell it or eat it.

480830_661130143903814_288376813_n.jpg

Wow so beautiful! I love lavender flowers. I make my own bath oils with lavender because its so relaxing and soothing. Also, it is so gorgeous to look at.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow so beautiful! I love lavender flowers. I make my own bath oils with lavender because its so relaxing and soothing. Also, it is so gorgeous to look at.

Can you tell us how to make your own bath oils with lavender? It sounds so good, I would love to give it a try, there is nothing better than a hot, aromatic bath. This is what I need!:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I grow lavender but sorry no idea how to make bath oils.

I have tasted lavender icecream and lavender shortbread so wish had the recipe.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lvender ice-cream sounds like a very interesting dessert! I'm not sure if I would find it tasty though since it probably isn't too sweet. Is it violet like the flowers?:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I grow lavender but sorry no idea how to make bath oils.

I have tasted lavender icecream and lavender shortbread so wish had the recipe.

I found this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lavender-ice-cream/ but there are many more available online. I would be tempted to try it myself, but I don't have an ice cream maker. I don't do too much cooking of any kind, though I'm starting to think it's time I learned to cook better. If only there were more hours in a day.

Lvender ice-cream sounds like a very interesting dessert! I'm not sure if I would find it tasty though since it probably isn't too sweet. Is it violet like the flowers?:)

The recipes I've come across have added sugar or honey, so they are sweet and if one makes one's own I'm sure one can sweeten it to taste. The ice cream doesn't seem to absorb the color of the flowers and looks just like vanilla.

Ask a Question