Lavender Plant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Canada
Hello I'm new here. I have a question concerning my lavender plant that I purchased a few weeks ago. It was doing really well at first, now it's leaves are starting to turn brown and it doesn't look healthy. I put it on top of my TV but moved it this morning to in front of my patio window it faces east. Was it not getting enough light? I was watering it when it felt dry to the touch. Not enough water? Can it be saved? Any help would be appreciated.
24-DSCF7797-003.JPG
DSCF7994.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Welcome Marilyn. Very seldom are house plants underwatered. We usually love them to death by overwatering. I am glad you took it off the TV. That is a good start. Are you using tap water and is it municipal water. If so that could be your problem. See if you can get some rain water and see if that will help.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You might have to pot it one size up and remove some top soil and add some new compost as the plant might have sat in that pot for a while before it tickled your fancy to take it home. The root could be very pot bound. Also, you can do a bit of cuttings. If you have jiffy pellets lying around, warm them up with lukewarm water and take cuttings with non-flowering stem. Also, I would plant it out somewhere sunny and in gritty compost. Lavender loves the sun and the heat and gritty compost. Or semi-shaded but warm. I have about 4 of these dotted around my garden and even though it was -4c here, they have all survived. I even collected the elusive seeds and now have 2 seedlings. Some died because of the freaky English weather.

You can sink the pot into a sunny and warm border and when winter comes, bring it in!

Forgot to say

Welcome to the forum, @marilyn777 !

Ask a Question