My sweetheart LOVES cilantro, but........

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
........after trying to grow it with minimal success (IF you could call it, EVEN, that), I had "thrown in the towel". Then one day, while at our favorite "real" Mexican restaurant, she mentioned to our favorite waiter (from Mexico) about our trouble growing it. He told us to roll the back of a spoon over the seeds, while on a hard surface, just hard enough to crack the seed shells, then plant them. Know what.......THAT works........BIG TIME.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
........after trying to grow it with minimal success (IF you could call it, EVEN, that), I had "thrown in the towel". Then one day, while at our favorite "real" Mexican restaurant, she mentioned to our favorite waiter (from Mexico) about our trouble growing it. He told us to roll the back of a spoon over the seeds, while on a hard surface, just hard enough to crack the seed shells, then plant them. Know what.......THAT works........BIG TIME.
I think that knowledge of scarification makes you some kind of seed nerd...oh wait..

Ask a Question