My English Lavender planet

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone!!

I have an english lavender plant outside in a large pot... it tends to get droopy and then I'll water it and it livens back up again, but everything I read online tells me that lavender does not need much water and sometimes none. Any insight?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
yes it is in a pot. I know this is not polite, but someone must point to the depths of the soil vs pot differences, one major issue being potting soil elevated above the surface of the planet earth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We water ours in pots every day (evening)...full sun in morning and semi shade in the afternoons..We use ordinary compost...and they thrive with some granular food and water in Epsom Salt in solution every other weekend

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
We water ours in pots every day (evening)...full sun in morning and semi shade in the afternoons..We use ordinary compost...and they thrive with some granular food and water in Epsom Salt in solution every other weekend
Every day? I am going down to the methadone clinic for a break.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I always want to free range my plants i.e. plant them in soil so that they can come into contact with the goodness in the soil. No point confining them to pots and making them anaemic.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I am sure the divine Becky will keep you straight and narrow. We don't want two zombies slumped in a car! :eek::LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I always want to free range my plants i.e. plant them in soil so that they can come into contact with the goodness in the soil. No point confining them to pots and making them anaemic.

I too love to put my plants in the ground. As I get more proficient at gardening I push the limits. As you walk through my woods I want it to have lots of surprises.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I too love to put my plants in the ground. As I get more proficient at gardening I push the limits. As you walk through my woods I want it to have lots of surprises.

You will, count your blessings and heirlooms to your posterity! So envious of your growing condition. I googled a 3-bedroom house with a stream! Hahaha and they all ended up in Wales or Dumfries and Galloway!

Love those places, but I have a son who needs to find a job!

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
no point confining them to pots and making them anaemic

Agree totally! I am never very confident with pot grown stuff. Hard to gauge if there is too much or too little water. More varied nutrients in my clay soil. I always admire people showing off their pot grown flowers ..

Ask a Question