Saving lavender from too muxh rain

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone! Firstly, I want to apologize for not participating much in the last year. I didn't do any gardening over wintwe, but now that spring is here, im back at it!

I planted lavender in my garden (zone 7) and it was doing beautifully!! However, Maryland has been hit with a ton of rain and I do believe it is rotting the roots. Any idea how I can prevent further rot? It is supposed to rain until next week I covered them for the time being and was sure air could still get in. Should I do anything else?
0517181113b_Film1.jpg
0517181113_Film1.jpg
0517181128_Film1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Covering the plant like that will only lead to mold and mildew. It will do nothing about all the underground water. It won't stop the water from rotting the roots. There isn't much you can do except dig up the plant and put it in drier soil or make the rain stop.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think i might dig it up, dry it out and put in a pot under the patio and replant it in the garden with some gravel and sand. It isn't supposed to stop raining until next week

Reaction score
Country
United States
Luckily it stopped raining and the sun came out to dry everything out and i think the plant will be okay! Itis starting to flower quite nice actually!

Ask a Question