Where to buy strawberry plugs?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Im having trouble finding strawberry plugs in my area. I normally go to Home Depot, but they only have full plants that end up dying after a few weeks.

Any places that sell plugs?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You can buy them online but you have to buy a lot of them. And most of these are for zones 3-8. You would be better off going to a local mom and pop nursery.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I'm not sure how to use the yellow pages. What are mom and pops exactly? Like a garage sale?

What category do I use for yellow pages? Sorry I'm so dumb. :oops:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm not sure how to use the yellow pages. What are mom and pops exactly? Like a garage sale?

What category do I use for yellow pages? Sorry I'm so dumb. :oops:
Yellow pages are the yellow colored pages in a phone book. In a city the size of Miami the yellow pages are probably a separate book from the white pages. Just google Miami yellow pages and look up Nurserys. A mom and pop is any business that is not a chain or a big box store. A chain store will probably be OK. but a small mom and pop will be better suited for your needs as anyone who works there will know what they are talking about. A mom and pop business is normally locally owned and operated by the owners, usually with a few other employees. They will be very familiar with all of the plants that grow in the area, which varieties are best, what time to plant, diseases etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Nope. None of them sold plugs. Nor strawberries in general. I think they only sold house plants and the like.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Oh ok. I still have 2 strawberry plants right now. I got them about a month ago. Will they work? They are sort of looking bad.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh ok. I still have 2 strawberry plants right now. I got them about a month ago. Will they work? They are sort of looking bad.
Strawberries are location sensitive. Are the variety of your 2 plants for your location? Did you get them locally or online. The second link I sent you lists the varieties for you area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I got them from Home Depot, but according to the link you sent, it is not the right variety. It's not even right for my hardiness zone.

In that case, that must be why I never had luck with strawberries. Makes me wonder why they would even sell them here in the first place.

Thank you Chuck. I really do appreciate all your help.

Ask a Question