Where Can I Buy Cheap Fruit Trees In The UK?

Reaction score
I made myself a promise 2 years ago that I would buy a new fruit tree every winter until I had at least 6 of them. I want to do this because I have a large corner of my garden sectioned off for growing fruit and veg and with these hard times I want to make the percentage of food I have to buy, smaller ever year if I can. We don't have much money though, we are a large family on a very low income.

The first tree I bought for as little as £5 and it is a beautiful dessert pear tree. The second tree I bought last year and was a bit lavish, paying for a special apple tree. I think it is a Pippins something or other, so paid £17 for that.

I can't go back to where I bought the first tree, as that chain has now closed down and I can't afford £17 again, so I would love it if someone could point me to a place ( preferably online) where I could purchase this years fruit tree for under £10. I have done searches but have not come up with anything myself as yet. Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, the climate varies within the UK, so you need to know what suits your particular area.
Roughly, whereabouts are you?

Reaction score
There are usually lots of fruit trees in cheap shops, places like Poundstretcher. Have a good look at them before buying as you don't know how long they have been stood around for and they could have been kept in extremes of temperature being moved in and out of the store.
Look out for offers online, I got a couple of apple trees from Suttons for about £20 from when they had an offer on.

Ask a Question