Where to buy?

Reaction score
Where do you typically fruit trees? Lowes, Home depot, or someplace else? Also have any of you actually tried to start your own with the left over seeds of a fruit? Does that actually work?

Reaction score
I've grown papaya, lemon, apple, and avocado from seed. I know that whole foods have wonderful organic trees for sale from summer to spring. You can always find out how to grow fruit trees on youtube.

Reaction score
Most of my fruit trees came from a specialized nursery, but I do know that most types of fruit trees are available in any of the type of stores that you have already mentioned as well as online.

Growing fruit trees from seed can be great fun if you are looking to grow an ornamental plant, but doesn't work very well if you are hoping for a tree that will bear fruit, apart from the many years that you would have to wait, before the tree was mature enough to bear fruit, they do not come true from seed.

Reaction score
I have purchased them form a local farmer. As far as seeds, I just saved some Key Lime Seeds, and I am preparing to plant them, and go through the process of germination. This will be my first attempt with this kind of fruit. I will find out if it works for me.

I am looking forward to the new project, and see if I can be successful at it.

Reaction score
I have seen fruit trees at Lowes and Home Depot. One of my bosses bought a bunch of fruit trees from a Big Lots store. They were much cheaper than the ones at the home improvement stores and as far as I know they are thriving. I often see them in the seed catalogs and drool over them this time of year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Most people I know buy young trees from a specialized nursery in my city. But my mother and my sister purchased a few trees online. They're already planted in our garden and they grow healthy, so it was definitely a good choice:)

Reaction score
My dad has grown several fruit trees from seed :) I think it's way faster to just buy one that is already ready to be planted in the soil, but experimenting with your own seeds is really fun and challenging ;) I plan on starting several fruit trees that way :) We will see how it goes... plan to use newspaper pots :p It sounds so fun! :)!!!

Reaction score
Where do you typically fruit trees? Lowes, Home depot, or someplace else? Also have any of you actually tried to start your own with the left over seeds of a fruit? Does that actually work?

I've had really good luck buying fruit trees at Lowes and Agway. The trees have grown very well. I recommend both stores for buying fruit trees.

Reaction score
I've started an orange tree from seeds left over from a store bought plant. It actually did fairly well for a while. It was about a 2-4 feet tall. The same goes for watermelon seeds.

Ask a Question