What's looking good in July 2017

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Verdun No need to be humble, your clusters are enormous and @mg guy - you've loads of clusters. Both are gorgeous..

I have actually got paniculata, but I don't know what it is. I lost all my labels, nothing new there!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
More lilies from the cabin. :D

0722171419.jpg

Resized952017072295142526.jpg

0722171208a.jpg

@MaryMary That's a very clever phone. Antique is what we called sepia .. very clever indeed.

Yes, I knew sepia, I think the phone is calling it antique for "the kids." :cautious: :rolleyes:

Maybe my clusters are enormous alp but that's a private matter. :whistle:

I have no words. Well, no words suitable for a family-friendly forum. ;) Just let me say...
upload_2017-7-28_10-27-4.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The lilies are pretty and I love the duckweed. I hope you're enjoying your cabin, are you on vacation or just a long weekend?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@tbendl, I'm already back. :D Was only there 3 days, had planned on 4, but you know... that "work" thing...:(

:eek: :eek: :eek: You can't love the duckweed!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: (Oh, the horror...)

Edited to add : It's my sister's cabin. I just get to visit. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@tbendl, I'm already back. :D Was only there 3 days, had planned on 4, but you know... that "work" thing...:(

:eek: :eek: :eek: You can't love the duckweed!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: (Oh, the horror...)

Edited to add : It's my sister's cabin. I just get to visit. :)
LOL I think the duckweed is cute... In other people's ponds though.
GAK that "work" thing ruins everything!!! I'm jealous you got to get away. I need a mini vacation for sure.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like i failed my garden. I got too cocky as a beginner. I thought all the seedlings I had started would be doing great. Few months back i accidentally let all my trays get baked in the sun. Then what i salvaged ended up getting dug up by the damn squirrels! I have 1 daisy plant and 1 candy tuft that I put in the ground this month hoping they will thrive better with more room to grow. I learned a lot this year! But next year i think i might purchase my favorite perennial's from the nursery. I get too obsessed with growing the seeds and getting crushed of they,don't work out

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I feel like i failed my garden. I got too cocky as a beginner. I thought all the seedlings I had started would be doing great. Few months back i accidentally let all my trays get baked in the sun. Then what i salvaged ended up getting dug up by the damn squirrels! I have 1 daisy plant and 1 candy tuft that I put in the ground this month hoping they will thrive better with more room to grow. I learned a lot this year! But next year i think i might purchase my favorite perennial's from the nursery. I get too obsessed with growing the seeds and getting crushed of they,don't work out
Maybe do a mix so that you have flowers but can also get excited to grow some.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
KKosy, you need re energising that's all.....we all get times like that :)
A nice perennial might just be the solution. .....the catalyst to get you going again. Treat yourself this weekend as a start :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

I feel like I fail my garden every day. The path is crooked AND part sinking, flowers in the wrong place - tall in front and short behind. Don't worry about it. Gardening is a learning curve .. Do what pleases you and google when you feel like it.

You can, like me, hunt for good big bargain pots. I bought a big reduced lobelia for £2 and ended up with 8 plants. 3 hydrangeas £1 each and this year, they have flowered. Raising perennial from seeds is OK, but unless the seeds germinate quickly, robust and flower quickly, there are always mishaps along the way. Don't feel bad. I have baked quite a few trays of seeds this year.

Ask a Question