What's looking good in July 2017

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 24587 Hello Mary Mary, its persicaria amplexicaulis fat domino.....not sure the photo does it justice. The colour is deep red
Above some anemones with hosta, restio, agastache and Sanguisorba. A sitting area with lots of heliotrope, honeysuckles and jasmine....even a couple of night scented zaluzianskyas

@Verdun what are those lovely tall little thingys? stunning photos. Your anemones not taking over? What are they exactly?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@MaryMary What has happened to the last photo? :eek::D

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: Same thing that happened to this one! :ROFLMAO: (y)

0721171513.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
"Tall little things" alp? You is confusin' me! :unsure: The red spikes with yellow hats are Spigelia Wesley Jester.
The anemones? Wild Swan and Ruffled Swan.....no, not taking over. They are very well behaved :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Verdun I meant the tall pinky ones next to your avatar.. I quite like them.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@MaryMary Did you adjust something .. very naughty! Haha! Hilarious though ..

:) My phone has different settings on it. I've been playing. :oops: :ROFLMAO: Under "Effects" on the phone, I can choose from None, Black & White, Antique, or Negative. The last two pictures were taken in negative.

I love the "neon blue" lilies, and the way negative makes the tree look so stark and the white fluffy clouds look so... menacing. :ninja: I believe there is more detail to the clouds in negative than what I saw with my eyes!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@MaryMary That's a very clever phone. Antique is what we called sepia .. very clever indeed. I bet the Chinese use your phone to produce blue flowers .. and flog them on fleabay! :p:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
the hydrangea 'limelight' (the larger ones shown) have started their show-a rainy Friday morning.View attachment 24419
What a spectacular garden mg, can I call you that for short or do your prefer the more formal mg guy:). I love the the softness of the curved edges and your plant placement. Lots of thought has obviously gone into that. Thanks for sharing

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What a spectacular garden mg, can I call you that for short or do your prefer the more formal mg guy:). I love the the softness of the curved edges and your plant placement. Lots of thought has obviously gone into that. Thanks for sharing

Ahh, call me whatever, lol.

The limelight's are in full sun facing south-they can take some heat.
The ample rain this year has insured their success.
DSCF3868.JPG

the standard tree forms in the front take a good amount of sun as well.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Fantastic show, @Verdun Blessed be the flowers ... according to the Handmaids .. as in Handmaid's tale!

So many clusters. Is it south facing? What aspect is it facing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
South west facing alp ......not sure picture does it justice. I love it and when it turns white any day now it will stay like that until September when it turns pink. I have a purple lobelia and an orange helenium both about to open too there so should look pretty good then ;)
Will get another paniculata prob Phantom as they are so generous with flower :)
Yes, excellent planting mg........limelight is set off superbly by your white house :)

Ask a Question