What's looking good in July 2017

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I also! Many varieties, bright and unpretentious, spiraea blooms in any weather.
And easy reproduction. I planted a branch in the ground - that's all! :D

I must be on the look out for this. I'm after a yellow hibiscus.. pure gold! Lovely! Haha, I like plants like that. Plonk in the ground and it will grow. By the look of it, all my lavender cuttings are dying, so are the dahlias.. Oh, dear. Must add more grit and sterilse the compost .. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp What can you kill? :) I always see a lot of beautiful flowers from you. :love: I do not even have time to see everything!

@Larisa I have killed and am killing a lot of strepto. They will have a flower stem and then die limping .. Most of my cuttings have died .. I need to take them again. I should take a photo of my dying and dead strepts - it's so heartbreaking. :eek::cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Most of my cuttings have died

Show the smaller part that survived. ;) :)

IMG_5395.JPG

IMG_5389.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Aren't they gorgeous?! I feel like letting them go, but I have so many DS Typhoon doubles. I have now made up my mind to buy more shoeboxes.. :eek::D Box them up and take more cuttings and let me see if I can extend their lives.. Hopefully, when I do move, I have a proper window sill for them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Esther Please do that more often.. I know the feeling or the moment. Now all my borders are jam-packed with plants, it's not so easy to capture the light .. That moment is to be cherished.. when everything just clicks, nice and snug!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Crikey, @johnny canoe , you're loaded! And they are pink. How come they have no attack from wasps or bees? My peaches have little holes and some have gone mouldy .. Very annoyed.

Ask a Question