June thread here

DSCI0001 (1).JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Nothing like own grown tomatoes!
You see that young fella that stands out from the rest? It doesn't know it, but it's a gonner! In this heat, it will be more than ready by lunch time tomorrow:D

july 5 2018.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Lovely tomatoes @ Gemma and grown beautifully in a container. Do you have some tips for me for container grown tomatoes? like what size container? type of soil? I might just give it a try. i have heat, wind, and shade. Did you grow them organically?:love:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Lovely tomatoes @ Gemma and grown beautifully in a container. Do you have some tips for me for container grown tomatoes? like what size container? type of soil? I might just give it a try. i have heat, wind, and shade. Did you grow them organically?:love:
smhi.gif
@Beverly
I'm not an expert in growing tomatoes but I've grown all my veggies in pots for several years, and I can tell you what works for me
I use pots that are 22" in diameter or larger. I use a mixture of peat mos, perlite and some organic matter
I follow the single stalk method, and I do defoliate specially the bottom ( from the base to the first branch of fruits) to prevent mold
I water at the base only, I soak it really good and feel the weight of the pot before watering again

Some pics of other potted veggies....

20170703_074628.jpg
20170730_130944.jpg
20170702_132315.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question