WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN JULY 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Well the thread does say 'What's looking good in July' :)

My brand new 8 x 6ft shed. Now I'll be able to get the car in it's garage.

038.JPG

039.JPG

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
DSCF4343 (2).JPG
DSCF4349 (2).JPG
July is creeping away, and I've been busy with trying to coordinate the new pool install-still a work in progress, (if progress is the right word. lol)

I'll throw in some random pics as the back beyond the patio is waiting patiently for it's return to the plant world, let's just say it's an empty canvas for now!

DSCF4327 (2).JPG
DSCF4334 (2).JPG

Attachments

• DSCF4343 (2).JPG
    DSCF4343 (2).JPG
    350.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
the potted coleus likes July weather, as usual, and the patio plants look pretty good-with all the pool interruption-I've included a sneak peak from the patio side. (with a coleus standing guard, lol.)

DSCF4355 (3).JPG
DSCF4362 (2).JPG
DSCF4363 (2).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
The Crepe Myrtle, the only plant that i brought with me when i relocated, is putting forth lots of buds that are just now turning into blooms. I grew this from seed, it is still a baby, so i was surprised that it would make blooms at such an early age. Now i see where it got it's name. Modest flowers hopefully will give a colorful bush. The internet says "Crape" is the archaic spelling of "Crepe" so this is how i have called it. I guess my little ugly duckling flowers are looking good for July
girl uncertain.gif

P1030207.JPG

P1030209.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Our old self layered wisteria at both ends of the side of the garage after the parent plant died last year, is going from strength to strength and is combining well with the new one which we had originally bought to replace it.

P1010788.JPG

Our "free" gladioli are doing exceptionally well. We've 25 dotted around the garden, all white, but you can't complain, can you?
P1010789.JPG

The lawn has recovered from some slight amount of scorching despite the amount of watering it got. I've reduced the cutting frequency to protect it.

P1010790.JPG

The red acers have no signs of scorching yet, due to being mist sprayed at least twice a day. Though they are greener than usual, but that's all the new growth they are producing.

P1010794.JPG

P1010796.JPG

This one did have a bit of scorching due to the broader leaves, but I've given it a trim, (as I would have done anyway) as it has a rapid growth.

P1010795.JPG

I expect a lot more work next week when the hosepipe ban comes into force. This measure is to protect the high pay of United Utilities directors and the dividends to the shareholders.

"Far better use of my £800 plus a year they receive, than spending it on fixing leaks and increasing storage capacity." After all this is Manchester, "where it hardly ever rains."

I'll be using the "two watering cans method." One filling whilst I'm watering with the other. Not much water saving there is there?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We're very fortunate with our golf course as we've an artesian well. So the greens staff are able to keep the greens in perfect condition. Though many areas on the fairways are bleached white. But some not so as being near the Mersey there must be some parts where there's a layer of clay in the subsoil which stops the water below the immediate surface from completely draining away. However, even then, the fairways are crisscrossed with lines of bleached white grass a foot or more wide which indicates where the drains are situated.
Still, even with an artesian well which provides "free" water for the course, we are restricted to the amount we are allowed to extract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question