WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN JULY 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
This simple tropical hibiscus sort of duplicates my avatar, but they are years apart. I gave away the avatar plant some years ago thinking that i would replace it some time. They were everywhere in those days. When i tried to replace the plant they were completely absent from the flower world and all sorts of ruffly and two tone varieties had replaced them. When i took a cutting of one (with the owner's permission), i found that there were four buds to each flower...a freak. I have always believed that this simple, elegant hibiscus must be as close to original as we get but i don't know if that is true. About five years or 6 i searched without success. Then yesterday, on a trip to the post office with a nursery on the side i discovered this. Maybe it was waiting for a new home. At any rate it was sure looking good to me.
P1030179.JPG

I'll toss in a sunset as well, there is something to be said of a peaceful close of day
P1030178.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Our wisterias on the side of the garage are making progress.
Two growths of the old one are doing well and are being trained over three of the horizontal bars of the pergola at each end and the new white one over two in the middle. You have to be ruthless to get them to do what you want, which often means sacrificing a strong growing branch which is growing the wrong way, so that another can be encouraged which is more trainable.

P1010762.JPG

Clematis amongst the wisterias at each end of the garage.

P1010763.JPG

P1010764.JPG

Lilies are doing well.

P1010765.JPG

Some tall yellow ones yet to bloom.

P1010766.JPG

As are our six hebes in front of the tea-house

P1010767.JPG

Dahlias under the wisteria doing well too.

P1010768.JPG

My wife's favorite rose on the patio. Should have taken this a couple of days ago as it's now past its best.

P1010769.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Our yellow lilies are finally making an appearance.
They'll have to do better next year to rise above the rhodo.
P1010775.JPG

Some white lilies, next to a tall grass, they are new to us this year.

P1010776.JPG

We were given 25 gladioli bulbs in a poly bag as a "freebe" at the checkout when we bought our new wisteria from a local garden centre a couple of months or so back. They're "everywhere" and growing quite tall. No idea of the colours though.

P1010777.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question