What's going on in the Greenhouse

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Alp, i agree with Johnny, don't be to hard on yourself. Get some Westland Mpc with JI, that's what i use.the scabiose look ok. When you transplant you'll be able to bury them a bit deeper. The salad leaves are ok. Remember to sow some more every week. You'll get 4 harvests from one tray.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I must sow some more salad leaves tomorrow. I've found out my rocket seeds have germinated..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We were very warm either. Son was moaning about being cold whilst I lugged 2 bags of mulch all around the garden. No sympathy from me.. Poor boy complained about having diarrhea the whole day and blamed it on the French dressing..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Begonias are coming along, I keep them a bit shaded under the shelf.
P1040288.JPG
P1040287 (2).JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, you've been keeping quiet.. So many amaryllises .. Have you got a name? How cold can they put up with? I have removed all plants from the small bedroom as it is too hot and dry, including amaryllises.

What is in the jar of water please. @johnny canoe ? Funny you should mention that you put the begonia cuttings under the shade as Jim in The Beechgrove garden mentioned the same in the latest programme!

They all look so good and healthy...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Those are Pelargonium cuttings in the jar. I think the name of the Amaryllis is Star Dust. I'm not sure how much cold they can take but I've never let one experience below freezing

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@johnny canoe @Logan I wonder if begonia cuttings will take in water??
You can try it, but it might rot. The best way is to put it in a medium. You can take leaf cuttings as well. Where the leaf joines the stem, cut it close to the stem. It has a name for it, but the thinest bit,on the end make into a point and bury that bit, not the leaf, in the medium. Cover with a bag, remove the bag every day to get the moisture out,You can use rooting hormone, but not really needed. It will take a few months to root.

Ask a Question