What's going on in your vegetable garden?

Reaction score
This present year's enclosure has been the greatest I have ever had! In it I planted tomatoes, peppers, corn, carrots, green beans, lettuce, and a pack of onions. I adore having so much new veggies right in my back yard and it spares so much time and money as opposed to heading to the store to purchase these things.

Reaction score
We just moved so we were just trying out the soil this year. Now we wish we did more! We've had so much success that we're planning to double it next year. We just did the basics: Cucumbers, 5 varieties of tomatoes, bell peppers (disappointing, but they were taken over by the cucumbers so I think that was an issue), jalapenos, and at the last minute we threw some beans down and they've gone crazy, too! I think next year we'll branch in watermelons, carrots, and herbs.

Reaction score
Well after giving me a wonderful harvest of two hundred plus my cucumbers are currently on their way out, which is good. I will probably let them die where they grew to be absorbed into the soil. The new Corn I planted is now taller than me and is already showing signs of husks. My butternut squash plants started off sad looking, but now they are producing quite a bit. Tomatoes were kind of disappointing this year, it might get better when it gets a bit cooler but I don't have high hopes for them. They grew huge, gave me like 5 good tomatoes now it seems like they are just taking up space.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I know I will plant some tomatoes and green beans. If I have room I will grow cucumber and zucchini. Mostly I grow flowers in my gardens.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Pat, there are bush varieties of both cucumbers and zucchini--they take up much less space, and produce well. When we lived in town we used these varieties for our small garden. I suppose you are trellising your tomatoes so they don't sprawl all over, and green beans are pretty tidy in growth habit, so they ought to do well for you without taking over!

Ask a Question