What's going on in the Greenhouse

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
and roses?

These are Canadian roses! :) I love them for their unpretentiousness. They are not afraid of frost and blossom all summer.
Now my balcony replaces the greenhouse for me. It's cool there and I can plant plant seeds that are not afraid of the cold. For example, cabbage there is not stretched.

Recently, I moved the eggplants To temper and pricked my hand. I saw thorns on one of them. Seeds were from one package, Siberian selection. Why is one with spikes? Probably, accidentally got another variety or eggplant remembered its wild genes.

IMG_3915.JPG
IMG_3917.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Larisa That rose is so nice.. What a vicious thorn! And it has quite a few, hasn't it? You really have to be very careful. I never bother about eggplant as I have never been big on veg, just the occasional salad leaves and courgettes. Talking of which, all the 4 I planted outside died on me.. :eek::eek::eek: Must plant them again.. Are you sure you've got the correct seeds?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Are you sure you've got the correct seeds?

I suspect that with seeds you can not be 100% sure. Although I bought from a good manufacturer, but anything can happen.
Once I bought the seeds of Cantrantus,but the Catharanthus grew. :D:D:D It seems that the manufacturer did not notice the difference.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Haha! With complicated and similar names, can you blame them? Here, we are always sent the wrong stuff.. I only discovered I was not sent black hellebores a whole year later.. It's very stressful to get a refund.. and even though they sent me replacements, I am NOT optimistic that they are the right thing. I will tell you next January!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
With complicated and similar names, can you blame them?

My friend laughed for a long time and said the same thing! :D

We try ourselves to create ratings of seed and seed producers. If this is a rare mistake, do not be scared. But if the system - everyone can read the review and nothing more will buy!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:D I bet all the others will come up now :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
We're all having success with our seedlings and plants, very good. So my GH is more and more cramped as things grow but most days half the GH is emptied so things get some full sun time.
Cold and wet this morning so everything is staying in bed for now.
P1040327.JPG
P1040328.JPG
P1040329.JPG
P1040331.JPG

Attachments

• P1040329.JPG
    P1040329.JPG
    245.2 KB · Views: 182
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Mine is very much like yours johnny....full to bursting point:D.We are waiting for a short sharp cold snap to hit us tonight and for the next couple of nights as well, so have added a layer of fleece around the greenhouse in addition to the bubble wrap that is still in place.
Would be soooooooo upset to loose any of my seedlings at this late stage:(:(

Ask a Question