What's going on in the Greenhouse

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Larisa Hoya is not that popular in the UK. And they are very expensive. I sourced mine from ebay and out of the 3, only 1 hoya carnosa survives. I tried to layer it, but the branch has been naughty and refused to be pinned down. Now I have 2 and the other one has no name. Just Hoya and that's it. For £5, with a ceramic pot, it's good value. Are most Russians keen gardeners?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Are most Russians keen gardeners?
Lots of. :) There are fans of every plant. You asked somewhere, but I did not have time to answer why I know so many plant names. Just a Russian forum of flower growers works like an encyclopedia. Any section includes a description of each species. Each plant receives a separate topic. Everyone who grows it, shows photos, shares good luck and failures. For example, I want to grow a Saintpaulia. I'll just read the topic and know everything from sort to grooming. Also vegetables and fruit trees. And I can buy all this inexpensively. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Amazing, Larisa. Some eye-opener for me. I nearly fell asleep until I read this. Didn't sleep very well last night. Might dive into the duvet now to put me out of this cold misery! I must say you're very knowledgeable, apart from the cacti fantasy you told zigs! Haha..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ah hm! Turn the table on me! Haha! Can Feng Shui turn the winds the other way??? :eek::eek::D:D:eek:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
On my balcony is also a cactus with buds and strawberry seedlings. :)
If you put 9 identical coins under a cactus with buds in a red purse, it will bring profit to the house. It really works !!! (y) :D

I'll try that then, sure Owcho won't mind :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lunch I planted last week has germinated :)
DSCI0005 (6).JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Took me a day or two to remove the skeletons and tidy up these shelves and saw someone asking for free greenhouse shelves in Freewheely. You can never have enough shelves in a greenhouse. See my lilies - how tall they are. I saw my begonias with buds and lilies with buds.
SAM_0005.JPG
SAM_0006.JPG

Think my box is dying. It was beautiful in winter as it put on a lot of green new leaves, but the dryness and the heat have not been doing it any favour.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Larisa Cor, you've done well! I bought some seeds for GIANT strawberries from China and they turned out to be minute alpine strawberries. I was soooooo mad!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Larisa Cor, you've done well! I bought some seeds for GIANT strawberries from China and they turned out to be minute alpine strawberries. I was soooooo mad!

We got special stwarbelly seeds for yu white boy, grow velly big till the cheque clear init :p

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Won't do it again, @Larisa. I did buy some wisteria seeds from Hong Kong and they were brilliant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Those are the strawberries I should have had. Several yrs ago my sisters brought me over some strawberry plants and they spread everywhere. I pulled them all out.

One of my sisters gave me some pussy willow branches. I stuck them in a jar of water in the GH and now they have all rooted. Don't know that I have a spot for willow trees in my yard.

Ask a Question