What's going on in the Greenhouse

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh crumbs! Thank you for mentioning that about willow trees. A neighbour has one with bendy branches and I so want one. I will bear gift for exchange to see if I can get one. Strawberries do spread everywhere and I have them everywhere, coming out of my ears, but I don't mind. Nice to have a bit of fresh fruits. Most of those that I bought for 50p yesterday died on me as I don't free range them. My fault.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A big pot for the wily willow. Not a huge willow which sucks up all the water. :D

Another favorite is an acer which will open like a brolly. Down the road, there used to be a brolley like plant outside the house and it was gorgeous. Yesterday, I saw that they saw everything else and there was literally not a branch on top What a crime!:eek:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hoiked the strawberries out of the greenhouse into the cold frames to make more room.

DSCI0001 (45).JPG

Pricked out me Manx Marvel Tomatoes

DSCI0004 (9).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
"...to Make more room"
I hear ya, I'm at the point of going for it and planting big pots just to make room. Of course that means having to drag the pots into my garage at night so frost doesn't get the plants.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a question. I put my seeds in trays and put in my greenhouse. Left unzipped during the day and closed up at night. I followed instructional videos to a T on sowing the seeds. They dried out terribly. I keep watering them, but they keep drying out. I moved the greenhouse to a shadier spot, still getting dry. Is it the Pete moss trays? I think i should have gone with plastic. Are my seeds done?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question. I put my seeds in trays and put in my greenhouse. Left unzipped during the day and closed up at night. I followed instructional videos to a T on sowing the seeds. They dried out terribly. I keep watering them, but they keep drying out. I moved the greenhouse to a shadier spot, still getting dry. Is it the Pete moss trays? I think i should have gone with plastic. Are my seeds done?
Without a pic I can't really tell, have they died or collapsed. If they haven't died they could be alright. I wouldn't use peat pots, use plastic. Try and get the pots really wet.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Logan this is the best pic i could get. This is right after I watered them this morning.

Attachments

• 0430170919b.jpg
    0430170919b.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 252
Reaction score
Country
United States
One more. Thank you for any advice. It really is appreciated. I feel like I have kearned quite a but reading through all the threads!

Attachments

• 0430170919a.jpg
    0430170919a.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 250
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Logan yes I'm trying to get them to germinate! I feel like I won't have much success. Thank you i will try doing that! Next time I will buy plastic ones for sure!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What seeds are you trying to germinate, @KKosy87? There must be some instructions on the package. Follow that instructions. Remember greenhouse can be very hot for seeds. Some seeds need optimum and minimum temperatures. Usually, seed germinations require moisture and warmth. Light is not always necessary. Also some seeds require stratification.

Ask a Question