Will take them asap as Jim has done his. Thank you, Logan

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I will follow your method as well.. we don't live in Scotland, you know! Hehe!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20170416_162419.jpg
This is what's in concervatory/greenhouseChillies
IMG_20170416_162359.jpg

Cucumbers
IMG_20170416_162427.jpg

Salad leaves
IMG_20170416_162452.jpg

Eurigeron
IMG_20170416_162501.jpg

Tomatoes, Lettuce and marigolds.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gee! Fantastic.. All you veg sorted... @Logan They are so healthy!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I must do my courgettes and beans tomorrow. Today, I have taken my delphinium cuttings, clematis armandii cuttings and some Jackmanii.. Tomorrow, I will do begonia and dahlias.. and airlayer my funny standard Japanese acer palmatum.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, @Larisa I learned it last night watching gardening programme. I will try to recap

Use a sharp clean knife to cut into a delphinium which has several young stems. When you cut it, you should make sure there are roots attached to the cuttings. Then you just use some growth hormone on the end bit and trim off unnecessary bit, but leave the leaves at the top or you can trim the apex off but keep some leaves under the removed top bit. Use a dipper to fashion a hole near the side of a pot, and gently firm it in. The compost should be 50/50 sand or grit and compost.. Put the pot in a shaded but warmish area and see if it takes.. Same like Dahlia cutting, but you cut a stem with a bit of tuber which acts as foodstore for the cutting.. Hope I have been faithful to my teacher's instructions..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Thank you, @alp , I understand! :)
I used to have a lot of delphiniums, now I'm left alone. I want to multiply it. Climate change now brings tropical rainfall in the summer, sometimes with hail. This happens when the delphiniums blossom. Of course, they can not stand it and break. :cautious:
I want to see your garden in the summer. :love:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, Larisa: You won't see my garden - it is wild wild west.. LOL! Delphinium yes.. I have pinched the top off and hopefully will bulk up the plants.. I don't know if this works with delphinium.. I love delphinium. Every time our car drive by a round about, I have this urge to jump out of the car to admire some tall compact near black delphinium. Of course, it's never possible .. I have the feeling that they are Black Knight.. Hope you show us your delphinium as it might be quite different from ours..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
wild west - this is my style! :D
I can not always come often. I can come for 2 days off per week. I'm weeding, digging, planting, pruning ... I always think that this makes the garden better. And then I leave and the wild nature comes. She plants weeds, grows grass, leads wild animals ... Wildlife also thinks that this makes the garden better. :D

IMG_1454.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Larisa Haha! Wild west to me means a dumping ground. How come I didn't get notification for this beautiful wild west.. Is that your garden?? Crikey, it looks like some luxuriant and verdant garden in Barbados.. Lovely delphiniums.. and roses?? Can't see very well,

Well, I've found out that I actually have some hopes to show..

Oh crumbs, I nearly uploaded a whole folder of photos...

Unbeknown to me, my Pak Chois have sprung up in the moist and heat.
SAM_0209.JPG

Salad leaves.. looks a bit strange.. I have already decided I don't like them.. but I will eat them like taking medicine..
SAM_0210.JPG

So happy that my butterfly weeds have started to show their faces.. Still a lot to come from that tray...
SAM_0211.JPG

My tomatoes have grown a bit, with a bit of gaillardias. Spelling mistake!
SAM_0212.JPG

These are the pointy pepper seeds I collected from those I bought and ate .. Not bad.. Please let's have some HEAT and RAIN!
SAM_0213.JPG

The tray doesn't look very nice, but it does the job.. Moisture, humidity and ... a bit of dirt! ...:mad::LOL:

Ask a Question