What is your view?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Larisa, i don't know where to begin. Firstly that is a remarkably beautiful bridge, and the stones are fascinating.

I am not inclined to dismiss your stories as folk tales, because now even the physicists have proved that the universal fabric can indeed tear and that things can fall through the tear, so this could be a place with a large tear. Thank you for sharing your stories with us and also the photos. Really enjoyable:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Beverly Do you have an evacuation plan if the volcano would erupt much? It can happen suddenly?
We have so many volcanists, geologists, photographers, and civil protection here plus a state of the art Observatory on a neighboring volcano (that is not active). The civil protection has people from 2 states, Colima and Jalisco. The Observatory has equipment to monitor the magma coming up through the cone. It is observed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So we have very good protection here. Mostly the evacuations are of people who live higher up on the mountain. Lots of times the people don't want to go and the Civil Service have a hard time convincing them that they need to. The mountain has an elevation of 3850m and i live at 545m so something would have to travel a long distance before burning my toes...of course, it is all down hill (advantage mountain). Colima City has had populations of people here for longer than we know and they have situated the future generations very well. When i heard that the mountain was spewing out "lava bombs" (aka hot boulders) 2000m down the mountain in all directions, i did sit down and do the math re the distance from my house. That is such an incredible amount of power. Still, no matter how much i try, i can't seem to work but even a tiny bit of worry. I am too busy with my garden :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
@Bootsy So beautiful! In any season!

@Beverly Do you have an evacuation plan if the volcano would erupt much? It can happen suddenly?

@Sheal
Thank you for the pictures!
At the same time I read the history of the castle. It is a pity that it was destroyed.

Sorry, we have no such ancient buildings. We are all built of wood. However, there are "places of power", marked by the ancient stones.
View attachment 16522
View attachment 16523

View attachment 16526

This ravine Veles, ancient Slavic god. It is located in one of the Moscow parks. It is a mystical place, which quickly discharged mobile phones. It is assumed here that there is portal in another time. There are many historical documents about the disappearance of people and the emergence of "strange people".

In 1621, near the ravine suddenly appeared horse detachment of Tatars. Surprisingly - because the Tatars were not here since 1571, after the victory of Russian troops. The detachment was captured. The king ordered a questioning. Frightened Tatars admitted that they hid in a ravine. But there was a thick green mist. They just came out of the fog and were shocked that there have passed 50 years.

In 1810, two peasants were returning late at night from the village to the village of Djakovo to home to the village Sadovniki. They walked across a ravine Veles. Suddenly they saw a thick fog. they went through the mist. When they came home, they learned everything with great difficulty. They were missing for 21 years.
So here you have to be careful.:);)
Funny how there are mysterious places all over the world where similar reports are made...interesting.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:love: Happy Valentine's Day, everybody! :love:

This heart shaped cave is on the way to my favorite place to fish. Thought it was kind of pretty. (Can't wait for spring!! Now I want to go fishing!) It's really more heart shaped than it looks in the picture, but pointing the camera up at it is not a very good angle. :(

0530011128cave.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@MaryMary o i can see the heart very well:) What are you hoping to catch on your fishing excursion? Have fun anyway. I have spent many happy times fishing in Alaska and all over the place. I could bait a hook when i was 5 years old and had my own pole. My Dad flew float planes, mostly to get from place to place. My Mom and Sister didn't like to fly, so i always got to go. After Dad was through with his business, on our return we would sit down in a remote lake and sit on the pontoons of the plane and fish for awhile. I loved those times.

@zigs your new camera is doing you very proud. What a perfectly lovely photo of a perfectly lovely flower.:)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What are you hoping to catch on your fishing excursion?

The spot is at the bottom of a spillway. The way the water flows, it's deep on one side and shallow on the other. Depending on time of day, temperature, and season, I like the shallow side for crappie, and the deeper side for catfish!! :D I've been fishing since about 5 years old, too.

My Mom and Sister didn't like to fly, so i always got to go.
:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: That's how I got many rides on the motorcycle!! My sister liked it, enough to learn to ride on her own. :( I never got tall enough to hold the bike up, a fact for which my father was truly thankful. I'm a bit of a speed demon. 4 years old, sitting on the gas tank, and I'm yelling, "Faster, faster!!" :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Here's my two cents for Valentine's Day.
It is difficult to see, but the stone has a good heart shape. This is the "perfect plant pots." The stone has a through hole in the middle. It narrows at the bottom. My husband and sons found the stone in the forest. They almost broke the wheelbarrow, when carried it for me. But they courageously overcame difficult road in the forest.
I do not have a reason to be offended at Valentine.:D

IMG_0940.JPG

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:D :ROFLMAO: @Larisa, the way they are both narrower on the right, and broader on the left, it almost .looks like you got the chunk that fell out of my cave! :LOL:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day :)

You know it's love when you can send the one you love the I Spy book of wildflowers for Valentine's and she doesn't throw it back at you :D

Back on topic, pic of Bridport my Daughter took the other day :)
IMG_0102.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Larisa...what an extraordinary gift (i wonder how many karats it is :). It looks like it weighs a ton and for sure your husband and children were heroic in managing to deliver it to you. And you have a perfect place to show it off very nicely:) I looks beautiful.

Ask a Question