Harbor freight green house, any reviews?

Reaction score
Country
United States
see the one they got and it seems ok but I'm sure someone on here has got one and has a pros and cons of it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
IMO I doubt the quality and stability of these greenhouses based on the low prices compared to the prices of standard hobby greenhouses. The description of them is very sketchy, and they only offer a 90 day warranty. Remember the old saying; "You get what you pay for." However, if one of these is the only thing you can afford right now, get one. When you set it up, make sure you anchor it well, and try to situate it as much out of the wind as possible. The biggest complaint I read about with cheaper greenhouses is they usually will collapse in moderate winds. The frames and connectors are usually sub-standard to withstand wind.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Every thing I have read says the panels are not stabilized for weathering and fail but the frame holds up ok. You might do as well with the clear or white corrogated roofing or check with a plastics supply for a uv stabil form of material and just build one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Just noticed this post.

I have one of the 6' x 8' HF Green Houses and have been very happy with it. I have had it 4 or 5 years now and only thing I've done is replace the panels earlier this year. I have built tables for it, added lighting, 2 kinds of irrigation and mist for cooling. Small fans for circulation and a little heater for when it's a little chilly. Works great.

I am in a location with little if any extreme weather in terms of wind and snow. For my use I think it is a very good value for the money.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
I think I ended up with 4mm thick as that is the biggest the HFGH will accommodate. Ordered off Amazon I believe after looking all over pretty hard. 2' x 4 was the most economical shipping wise. A few did not need replaced as the side and back as semi sheltered. Did not replace the taller than 4' front and back panels just swapped them. Bigger than 2 x 4 sheets cost $$$. You can order replacement from HF but there didn't have a few and cost as same or more than Amazon and the ones on amazon were brand identified. Caution only one side is typically UV protected and once you take the protective sheeting off no easy way to know which side is which.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We purchased the 10x12 Harbor Freight greenhouse on Dec. 16 and had it up and running by the end of January (after the holidays). It's EXTREMELY sturdy when anchored to 4x4 posts laying flat and level on the ground as a base.......secured with 2 foot long rebar through the center of the posts, pounded in the ground at 2 foot intervals. The only "weak" thing about this greenhouse design is the sliding doors. Functional but the roller system could be much better.

Ask a Question