What is your view?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@Beverly Stunning photos and history! It's so unusual to live near such a volcano. (for me). Sometimes, when people want to talk to each other, but do not know what, they talk about the weather. In Mexico, probably, about the volcano. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
the volcano pictures are amazing! :)
I am glad you enjoyed them. We all love Tapiro here because he lets us sleep while he sits on the mountain all night to provide wonderful images for us and the world. He is being well rewarded, believe me, and we are happy for his success. It is so well deserved. Of course, we get to see it and hear it in real time, real life too which is exciting but we cannot see the detail as well as it is presented in his photos. Maybe people can see too how we can love such a volcano. It is life at its largest and most magnificent and we feel privileged and humbled to be able to observe. For a month now the volcano has been quiet, sending up a few ash and steam exhalations. This could mean two things, that the mountain is plain tuckered out or that it is building a new dome to explode. In 2015 he built 3 domes in a row and exploded every single one. Restless mountain. All of this and no human deaths as a result.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Sometimes, when people want to talk to each other, but do not know what, they talk about the weather. In Mexico, probably, about the volcano. :D[/QUOT
@Larisa, believe me, people in Latin America never ever run out of things to talk about:LOL: and hardly ever take a breath:eek:. There are other volcanoes in Mexico that are active but not so beautiful as ours. So if there should be a lull in the conversation, they would talk about the weather too..."it is too hot" or "it is too cold".:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely thread....stunning photos everyone!

This pic is what we have opposite our house
aug sept 15 022.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Crikey! That's so nice.. I always love a stretch of water..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
There is quite a lot of water, several smaller ponds linking up with this huge lake.......looks so beautiful when it's covered in water lillies. Not many people go there , apart from a few people fishing during the summer season, it's normally only visited by one other neighbour , who lives further down the lane,who enjoys walking his dogs there, it's so quiet and peaceful.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I hope the volcano stays asleep for a while @Beverly. :)
Thank you @ Sheal, it has been quiet for about a month. I suppose it is making another dome to blow up, i haven't checked what it has been up to because i've been busy in the garden. Maybe the butterflies and other pollinators will begin to return:) The birds and hummingbirds are ever present and one friendly carpenter bee. So all the nectar is not going to waste.

Ask a Question