What is your view?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Here's my two cents for Valentine's Day.
It is difficult to see, but the stone has a good heart shape. This is the "perfect plant pots." The stone has a through hole in the middle. It narrows at the bottom. My husband and sons found the stone in the forest. They almost broke the wheelbarrow, when carried it for me. But they courageously overcame difficult road in the forest.
I do not have a reason to be offended at Valentine.:D

View attachment 16676
What a lovely things for your men to do, Larisa :). You're obviously on the same wavelength :):). Very special

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
it almost .looks like you got the chunk that fell out of my cave!

It looks like really! Valentin - a great joker.:D

what an extraordinary gift
What a lovely things for your men to do,

This strategic plan. :cool: We simply can not often come and mow the grass. Stones tower over the grass. Every spring here the stones appear out of the ground. I plant a lot of plants in the rocks. My husband and sons supports any my idea. Yet I should get a nice bonus and compensation for the fact that I was the only woman in this male coalition. :whistle:
IMG_6952.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Tetters and @MaryMary and @everyone else. In January i posted a video of our volcano exploding. Now Tetters and MaryMary have requested a few photos and here they are. The photos were all taken by Tapiro who was born here and still lives here, is a professional nature photographer who has won international acclaim for his photos of the Colima Volcano (aka Volcan de Fuego). He has given permission for us to show his photos to whomever. He loves for people to see his photos. If you want more, you can look at UTube videos of this mountain by searching Colima Volcano. The last time i looked, there were a dozen or so videos.

The Volcano started high alert activity in November of 2014 when it blew its dome off and has remained at high alert through all of 2015, 2016, and into 2017. The last time there was this much high alert activity was in 1913.

The people here are indebted to Tapiro who spent many sleepless nights up on the mountain waiting for it to blow, while most of the rest of us were snug in our beds.

The first photo is an international award winner. The photo caused a stir because of the clarity of the lightning. Scientists and residents have known for years that many erupting and exploding volcanoes create their own lightning caused by the force of the explosion when the particles are colliding. Clear photos of this lightning are rare because they are usually in the center of the ash cloud. That is what makes this photo special
Colima Volcano Dec 13 2015 by Tapiro.jpg

This next photo is of an avalanche that came down the southwestern side of the mountain, I am on the southwestern side and Tapiro was driving up the southwestern side in the early morning hours with his cameras ready. He has said that this photo has been the most heart-stopping photo of his career to date. What you see here is i can't remember how many metric tons of volcanic debris roaring down the mountain, filling up ravines in the path. That is not snow, it is ash and volcanic debris and the top of the mountain itself. He had minutes to stop the car, take the photo, get back in his car, turning it around to get out of there. While he was doing this, i was standing in my garden watching it turn ash gray.
Colima Volcano July 11, 2015.jpg

Here is a typical eruption
Colima Volcano Dec 26 2015, 7 am cst catching the sunrise.jpg

And the mountain at peace
Colima Volcano 17 Mar 2017.jpg

I am well situated and experience very little ash because mostly it moves to the northeast.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing to be ashamed about being scared of caves, I don't like heights, guess that's how I ended up working on churches :rolleyes:

This is a view of the Chesil beach taken from the church on Portland that I was working on.

and this is looking straight down :eek:

This is looking out of my window :)View attachment 13395

Love Chesil Beach with all the sand bank ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Crikey! Such an interesting thread.. I'm afraid where I live, I have nothing to show.. Love that cave and all the chandeliers inside, Chesil Beach . and the volcanic activities..

Brixham Harbour .. oh, dear, I thought it was Bognor Regis for French lieutenant's woman.. ,,

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Larisa: Your pics are so beautiful.. Hope to visit Russia!

Last edited:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Crikey! Such an interesting thread.. I'm afraid where I live, I have nothing to show.. Love that cave and all the chandeliers inside, Chesil Beach . and the volcanic activities..

Brixham Harbour .. oh, dear, I thought it was Bognor Regis for French lieutenant's woman.. ,,

French Lieutenant's Woman was filmed at Lyme Regis, just down the coast from me. Daughter Willow doing a Merryl Streep on the cob :D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lyme Regis! Hehe! Got to google that one.. Must have appeared tons of time on films.. Your daughter is beautiful...

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lyme Regis! Hehe! Got to google that one.. Must have appeared tons of time on films.. Your daughter is beautiful...

Surprisingly enough, that's the only film I can think of taken in Lyme, West Bay however has been home to Harbour Lights, The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, and now of course Broadchurch.

She is lovely :) Grew her first tomatoes last year and the landlady ate them :(

Ask a Question