Our new view

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
42AE7397-EF23-4DDA-8052-ED4F4B351897.jpeg
9751CF80-17EB-4D24-998D-DA7F78E2F236.jpeg
Since we have had two consecutive days of sunny weather my wife and I decided to move ourselves into our new house. After nearly a year of struggles we finally got it ready. It was a sad sight watching two 70 Year old people loading beds and various items on to a trailer and pulling it down the road with our old tractor. Attached are a couple of pictures looking out of the kitchen window this morning.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'd have to call that........getting back to your roots.......Hope it's a "big" piece of property. Looks like that homestead's ready for a kitchen garden, chickens and, maybe, goats........

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Congratulations!! (y)

The new house is on the same property, isn't it? I thought you said it was, but then you said "down the road" so I am not sure. :unsure:

Nice view, either way! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 37683 View attachment 37684 Since we have had two consecutive days of sunny weather my wife and I decided to move ourselves into our new house. After nearly a year of struggles we finally got it ready. It was a sad sight watching two 70 Year old people loading beds and various items on to a trailer and pulling it down the road with our old tractor. Attached are a couple of pictures looking out of the kitchen window this morning.

I'm quite envious. With a garden that size, my wife would insist we bought a couple of alpacas, I'm not kidding!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Congratulations!! (y)

The new house is on the same property, isn't it? I thought you said it was, but then you said "down the road" so I am not sure. :unsure:

Nice view, either way! :)

Same property but it’s easier taking the road when you have a tractor and trailer. The driveway between us is very narrow.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Silent, your daughter is very fortunate to have such loving and generous parents who are providing a safety net for her. I'm sure Mother Nature will take notice and bless you with a bountiful garden. You already have a beautiful house with a view!
I endorse the "get chickens" suggestion. They are fun to watch, easy keepers, and the eggs are ever so much better than store-bought!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
How I wish I had such a big piece of land. Went to view a house with hardly a garden and the asking price is £282,000. I am not a snob, but it was ex-council flat and tiny and yet they wanted that price for a poky little house. I would love to get a big piece of land and keep chicken and pigeons for food and veg for own consumption. Much better than buying growth hormone infested chicken from Lidl or Aldi. Hope you enjoy your new view! So calming when you don't have neighbour to contend with 3 feet away!

Ask a Question