What is your favorite perennial?

Reaction score
Its had to pick just one as a favorite with so many beautiful perennials to choose from. I love Iris and wish that it had a much longer growing season than it does. It has such a sensual elegance to it, intricate and yet simplistically beautiful. Lilies of all kinds are high on my list and they do last for a long time. Lavender is another, large growths of it are spectacular. I can grow it for a season but have difficulty getting it to come back year after year and end up having to replant it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Mine have to be without a doubt Heucheras and lavenders

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Firelily99, I completely forgot about irises, I love them too, we have always had many of them growing here, in my parent's garden. To me, the flowers always look like they weren't real, like they were only painted. But it's a good thing, I find them very romantic and artistic. Here are some lovely pictures that I found:

frank_presby_iris_original.jpg

irysy_5321307093999.jpg

Reaction score
I'm definitely a daffodil girl. I love their bright yellow colors. Daffodils tend to be hardy and can survive a cold Northeast winter like the ones we get here in Upstate New York. They also protect other plants against deer and other pests. If you plant a row of daffodils in front of other flowers such as tulips, your daffodils will serve as guard flowers.

Ask a Question