What is your favorite Perennial?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is not an easy question:) I love tulips, dandelions, violets and lilies of the valley. I really can't pick one favorite, in my opinion they're all very beautiful and I'm always happy to see them in my garden:)

Reaction score
Strawberries! And mint. And then the combination of strawberries and mint in mojitos! In all seriousness, edible perennials of all kinds are my favorites.

Cheers. :)

Reaction score
Tulips, in all different colors but especially yellow and white. I love when my tulips really flourish and I can cut them for the house, but once they're inside they don't last very long.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Well well I actually don't have any perennials. But I do love the Lily of the valley. Unfortunately it doesn't grow in my place :(

Reaction score
Wow, lily of the valley grows like a weed around here. I can't really say which plant is my favorite, I love all of them that I have planted and plenty more that I have no room to plant!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Well well I actually don't have any perennials. But I do love the Lily of the valley. Unfortunately it doesn't grow in my place :(
I'm sorry to hear that. It's such a lovely plant. It's poisonous though. If you eat it, it can kill you:eek: Also, if you keep cut lillies of the valley in water, the water becomes toxic, too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I'm sorry to hear that. It's such a lovely plant. It's poisonous though. If you eat it, it can kill you:eek: Also, if you keep cut lillies of the valley in water, the water becomes toxic, too.
Yeah, I know. I saw a photo of Lily of the Valley and instantly fell in love with them. And I have literally read EVERYTHING about them! :D I don't know why but I just LOVEEEE it! :p I know I am being silly. You know, I wanna settle in the West one day just so that I could get to grow the Lily of the valley and make my own dream garden! <3 Happy Gardening!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yeah, I know. I saw a photo of Lily of the Valley and instantly fell in love with them. And I have literally read EVERYTHING about them! :D I don't know why but I just LOVEEEE it! :p I know I am being silly. You know, I wanna settle in the West one day just so that I could get to grow the Lily of the valley and make my own dream garden! <3 Happy Gardening!
I can totally relate to it, I love Lilies of the Valley too:D:love: It's a beautiful, tiny plant.Just looking at it makes me happy. I even bought myself Lily of the Valley perfume and I wear it almost every day:)
I wish this plant wasn't so dangerous though:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I can totally relate to it, I love Lilies of the Valley too:D:love: It's a beautiful, tiny plant.Just looking at it makes me happy. I even bought myself Lily of the Valley perfume and I wear it almost every day:)
I wish this plant wasn't so dangerous though:(
Wow.. you are very lucky! I never smelled it? I can only read and imagine how it smells :( Perfume? I never thought of it... I am gonna search for one. :) Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow.. you are very lucky! I never smelled it? I can only read and imagine how it smells :( Perfume? I never thought of it... I am gonna search for one. :) Thanks for sharing.
I bought my perfume in Yves Rocher store. It wasn't expensive at all. Lilies of the Valley smell lovely. It's a fresh and sweet scent. It's one of a kind, so I really don't know how to describe it. I hope that one day you'll have a chance to smell it:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I bought my perfume in Yves Rocher store. It wasn't expensive at all. Lilies of the Valley smell lovely. It's a fresh and sweet scent. It's one of a kind, so I really don't know how to describe it. I hope that one day you'll have a chance to smell it:)
Thank you soo much. I too hope so.. Happy Gardening! :)

Reaction score
Tulips and Calla Lilies. I love tulips because they come in several wonderful colors and are easy to take care of. As for calla lilies, well, they remind me of my country wherever I go :) My favorite plant is a calla lily that was given to me by my dad when I was younger. I love most plants that can be grown from a bulb :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Tulips and Calla Lilies. I love tulips because they come in several wonderful colors and are easy to take care of. As for calla lilies, well, they remind me of my country wherever I go :) My favorite plant is a calla lily that was given to me by my dad when I was younger. I love most plants that can be grown from a bulb :)
I love them too. Tulips are just so gorgeous! And Calla Liles have been one of my favorites. :( Wish they all grew here. But still I am happy that I get to look at them in pictures. :D That's just wonderful. :) When I discovered my love towards plants. I was young and my dad let me get rose plants I still have them with me :love:

Reaction score
That's so sweet :) It's nice your love for plants started with your dad :) Because every time you see your roses you will think of him :love: Every time I see calla lilies I think of my dad (y) When I see tulips I think of my SO.

Ask a Question