What is your favorite Perennial?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's lovely:) I feel the same way. When I see roses, I always think of my boyfriend. Hyacinths remind me of my aunt and forsythia reminds me of my childhood:)
Some plants bring back a lot of good memories.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
That's so sweet :) It's nice your love for plants started with your dad :) Because every time you see your roses you will think of him :love: Every time I see calla lilies I think of my dad (y) When I see tulips I think of my SO.
Yeah. :love: I will take them with me when I leave the house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It's lovely:) I feel the same way. When I see roses, I always think of my boyfriend. Hyacinths remind me of my aunt and forsythia reminds me of my childhood:)
Some plants bring back a lot of good memories.
Yeah, I agree. Some plants bring back a lot of memories. And they can never be expressed they can only be felt. :) :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Digging my calla lilies right now. The blooms last SO long. I had to cut a couple that got too tall and were flopping over and they've been sitting in a vase for two weeks+ and still look fresh cut.
Wow, that's awesome. I have never been lucky enough to see them in real :( They are beautiful flowers. :love:

Reaction score
Oh this is a tough one for me - especially as virtually all my flowering plants are perennials and the reason they are in my garden is because they are all favorites :D

Which of course makes it extremely difficult to choose just one - particularly as I have loads to choose from - but if I really had to - then I think I would choose Gazanias because apart from flowering for 365 days of the year - they are also extremely versatile - in that they will grow in just about every situation from hanging baskets and pots to being used as ground cover on hard to get at places - like for instance rocky slopes - with some of my favorites being

The Daybreak Series - because their flowers remain open on cloudy days and come in a wide range of colors too

Gazania - Uniflora Pink.JPG

and The Kiss Series - as I love the metallic sheen to the petals

Gazania - Big Kiss.jpg

Gazania - Deep Pink.jpg

Gazania - Big Kiss White Flame .jpg

Ask a Question