What did you do in your garden today?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hubby pruned some more roses and i cut off the dead stems on the sage plants and did a bit of weeding, air layered a tall azalea in the back garden.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Dug up some hellebore seedlings and put them into some cell trays. Not sure what colour they'll be but the dominant colours are red, pink or dark red, sometimes get a white one.
It's been very windy and with showers so haven't done much else.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I felt lazy today and did not do anything in the garden. I just sat there and had my afternoon snack there. I listened to the birds chirping and the fresh-looking plants that surrounded me made me feel relaxed. It is and will always be my favorite spot in the house. Never fails to bring me calmness and serenity. Just what I need after a long and tiring day.
I planted squash, tomatoes, black beauty eggplant , bell peppers and Jalapeño peppers. I sat in the shade later and drank A Corona admiring my work.:giggle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I brought the topsoil and compost I bought yesterday round to the shed from the car, with my sack track. Mind you, I had to get my electric pump out of the boot to pump up the naffin' tyres, as they were flat!

I took the "suspect" roses out of their glazed pots and put them in the plastic ones I bought yesterday.
Both were pretty rootbound, but I sorted them out, added some rooting granules and potted them up.
It started to rain when I went out, so I did it in the shed. There's not a lot of room in there, but I've a large old cotton fabric sunblind, one of two that used to fold down across the width of the French windows, which I kept when we bought new curtains.
I spread one of them across the shed floor and worked on that. When I'd finished, I just folded it up and dropped the excess soil on a border.

I washed out both glazed pots on the lawn with a hose, so again no mess on the patio. They are ready for the new roses, which should arrive later this week.

That's it for today.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I finally fired up the tractor and brought a front loader full of Dyno Dirt to fill my raised bed #4. Then sowed it with turnip greens. I love the taste of young turnip greens!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I finally fired up the tractor and brought a front loader full of Dyno Dirt to fill my raised bed #4. Then sowed it with turnip greens. I love the taste of young turnip greens!
My wife is from Maine and has no appreciation for my occasional need to eat such greens as turnip or collards. Maybe red clay affected my taste buds.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My wife is from Maine and has no appreciation for my occasional need to eat such greens as turnip or collards. Maybe red clay affected my taste buds.
I walked out to the garden and discovered one of my raised beds got hit by my wheel barrow and wrecked the corner. I'll have to repair that before I continue.
Do you like the greens with bacon, onions , a little garlic and the turnips.? I like lots of peppered vinegar on mine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I walked out to the garden and discovered one of my raised beds got hit by my wheel barrow and wrecked the corner. I'll have to repair that before I continue.
Do you like the greens with bacon, onions , a little garlic and the turnips.? I like lots of peppered vinegar on mine.
Well this goes back a ways but have you ever had mint pepper jelly with them?

Ask a Question