What are you cooking?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
That sounds delicious! I would love to grow some ginger to add to my dishes next. I have never worked with any "root" plants, really. You know, I don't think I have ever had marjoram.

Until recently I had only had it in spice blends such as Italian seasoning. It has grown like wild something or other and I hadn't been using it so I decided to cut some recently. I can't believe how pretty and floral it smells when you add it to a vegetable dish.

Reaction score
That sounds delicious! I would love to grow some ginger to add to my dishes next. I have never worked with any "root" plants, really. You know, I don't think I have ever had marjoram.
Growing ginger is actually pretty easy. I just bought a knob of ginger from the supermarket produce section and planted it and I got a ginger plant that lasted many years until I got busy and started neglecting it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Growing ginger is actually pretty easy. I just bought a knob of ginger from the supermarket produce section and planted it and I got a ginger plant that lasted many years until I got busy and started neglecting it.

Did you soak it first? Some people (from what I've read online) say soak it, some say don't worry about that and just plant it. I had one doing great indoors for a while, but then it suddenly died. I assumed I waited too long to transplant it to a bigger container and put it outdoors.

Ask a Question