Weed killer Pressure Spray Bottle recommendation please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I work self employed doing garden maintenance. I don’t want to waste any more resources on another cheap Pump Spray bottle. My current one now leaks air from several places.
pleass can someone recommend a reliable spray bottle without spending over £40 please. I’m prepared to invest in a good one but the marketplace is awash with them. Thank you

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Max, welcome to the Forum.

I recommend searching for product comparison videos on Youtube or other sites. Some of these independently-made videos can be quite informative. Of course, it is best to watch at least several videos, each made by a different creator.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes I can do that. I can do that without asking in here. Thank you.
Yes, it probably will be the the fastest and most efficient way, but you never know, somebody may chime in with a useful fact or opinion when you least expect it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Actually have the same problem myself. Because you are limiting down, you are ruling out commercial products which is what you need. Having employee's capable of destroying everything they touch makes me understand your thinking. My solution has actually been to look at the repair kits available to me, and to purchase tanks only if those repair kits are available. The tanks hold up pretty well, but the seals will have to go no matter what you buy. I would not know if the products available to me locally would serve you. But you have something hanging in your nearby home depot or lowes or even walmart or whatever.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually have the same problem myself. Because you are limiting down, you are ruling out commercial products which is what you need. Having employee's capable of destroying everything they touch makes me understand your thinking. My solution has actually been to look at the repair kits available to me, and to purchase tanks only if those repair kits are available. The tanks hold up pretty well, but the seals will have to go no matter what you buy. I would not know if the products available to me locally would serve you. But you have something hanging in your nearby home depot or lowes or even walmart or whatever.
Yes, 40 GBP is about 55 USD. It seems there are many sprayers in that price range, but what would you expect a quality sprayer to cost?
Do you have any thoughts on metal vs. plastic tanks?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Yes, 40 GBP is about 55 USD. It seems there are many sprayers in that price range, but what would you expect a quality sprayer to cost?
Do you have any thoughts on metal vs. plastic tanks?
Most are HDPE, (milkjug) plastic, same as the container of most chemicals we buy, and that is a big deal. Acids eat metal, and salts corrode metal. A lawnsman is likely to combine fertilizing salts with a herbicidal hormone. It would be the acidic (sulfur for example) or salt problem that affects metal tips, valves and dissolvable parts. The only thing I have found useful is to stay away from odd tank connections where an extended custom hose cannot be readily added with something like stainless clamp. I have bought the best in store and the cheapest and they all fail. Those stores sell consumables. The best I have done is maintainence them with the seal kits. Hoses and sprayers are available separately. Typically though, and this is big, the spray droplet pattern is too fine for preventing herbicide drift in any wind. This is a difference between commercial and resi grade.

The volumes moved in an open non misting tip will usually require a bigger tank, motor etc. Its hard to get coverage from a low volume low pressure hand held tank with that kind of tip. There are some self pumping pull cart and back pack sprayers that might do however.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think these are all very useful points to consider. The challenge will be to judge the merits of these factors and many others against all the currently available products out there. As the OP said, the market is "awash" with them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I think these are all very useful points to consider. The challenge will be to judge the merits of these factors and many others against all the currently available products out there. As the OP said, the market is "awash" with them.
I judge against the dollar value of production. Money without a time element is a meanless value.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I recently bought 2 types. One you might find useful, as the flow works out to be low pressure, high volume. This is best for not atomizing droplets of herbicide for example. Basically a 2 gallon / 8L sprayer with a small diameter multi choice hose sprayer.
Screenshot_20211009-033918.png

The other is a mix on exit from Chapin. I have another 25 gallon sprayer but I have resisted putting anything but fertilizer, insecticide or fungicide in it. I like the MOE idea with its smaller removable tanks that will not need to be flushed.
Screenshot_20211009-033312.png

Ask a Question