Weather

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Colin at least he had a good life at the end. There's a couple who only take on older dogs, because they're getting on a bit. Didn't do any Gardening today,too cold. Sunday morning is going to be 1c.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Too cold? What an excuse, @Logan ?

I did a bit of weeding and found that some hellebores are dying and a single white speckled one, a pink one, a greenish single, and a white niger are all flowering. Took some pics and snipped all the flowers off. Sad. I know they will flower again. Other than that, a lot of watering and a bit of weeding.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan; it's the only right thing to do isn't it with a pet or indeed any animal we take responsibility for; we won't have another cat though because of the vets bills; when we last visited with our Furball whom we sadly had to have put to sleep the vet was quoting up to £1,000 just to find out what Furball was dying from; we couldn't have cared less; the fact was that our lovely furball had simply reached the end of his life and it would have been cruel to watch him suffer.

Well done alp; I too was in the garden this morning and as usual Gale was giving a nice chill factor so I wrapped up and got stuck into more shredding but by dinner time I was worn out although I've at last cleared the top of the mountain; perhaps I'll be able to start planting soon?

Got to go; "Grand Design's" about to start on TV this is the only program we currently watch on normal TV.

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
No that's no excuse @alp i just didn't feel like it.
Also i had another pair of net curtains to take up. This time i got it right.
Yes you're right @Colin Bracken had Leukemia, he was on human tablets for 4 months. They cost a lot and steroids. Blood tests every month. We managed to get him to his 13 th birthday last February. But all of a sudden he stopped eating. Tried a few things, but didn't work. Vet said that it mutated and it was hard to treat. He died naturally at home,it was too early to get to vet. The emergency vet was too busy to come to the house. It's not very nice, because the muscles relax and poo was coming out. I had to clean him up, but it didn't bother me. It's the first time that's happened to us. The others before had to be put to sleep.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We are back in the mid-80's with intermittent sunshine. I am not complaining as I am no fan of cold weather! I did some garden clean-up after going into town to the grocery. If I could get the toilet paper tree to produce, I could just stay here on the farm and skip the grocery.
Colin, we have two gingers now--a spayed female and a neutered male, Timi and Buddy. We also have a calico (Cali) and a silver tabby (Sophia). The good Lord decided we were having life too easy and sent us four cats via a feral mama cat. After getting the required shots, treatment for ear mites, and spaying/neutering, our retirement fund is now know as the "cat support" fund.
My husband is building a cat Taj Mahal for them to enjoy this winter--insulation, ventilation, and sturdy enough to hold four cats. We have been taken over . . . .

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oops. Thank you for the heads up. I am catching up with Grand Design 2012 Skye..

Just finished the Two Cocks Farm and Brewery.. It's hilarious and KMc was sarcastic as usual. I must say the building is very original, distinctive. A wonderful piece of artwork.

Now I have to finish my Skye episode.

@Logan only joking .. Glad that net curtain sorted out this time. Back after the Skye Grand Designs.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My husband is building a cat Taj Mahal for them to enjoy this winter--insulation, ventilation, and sturdy enough to hold four cats. We have been taken over . . . .

Cat Taj Mahal! LOL! Lucky cats ... Love the metaphor for the sumptuous palace ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
8 to 14c .. Frost might be here on Sunday. Must take precaution.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What a sad story about your cat Bracken Logan; it's bad for the cat when the cat becomes ill but also highly distressing for caring owners (we don't own cats only being cats slaves). Bron and I have left the vets on a number of occasions with tearful eyes and empty pockets; we decided enough was enough so now we just spend a small fortune feeding all our neighbours cats who are welcome visitors and the wildlife.

You've done well to get a female ginger cat marlingardener; our vet informed us most ginger cats were male hence Ginger Tom. Yes you've been taken over without a single shot being fired. (y) I too have made cat houses as your husband has done; the first one I made lasted 20 years and it had both loft and wall insulation being double skinned plywood. Pet owners are usually very nice people. :)

Below are a couple of pictures of the cat house I made our neighbour about four years ago; I spent three days on this. We have two badgers visit us at night triggering the security lights; Bron always ensures peanuts are left out for them. The two cats belong to our other neighbour these are Harvey and Ruby. We seldom open a door without a furry missile whizzing in at high speed. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Maxs new bungalow Oct 2013 (3).JPG
Cat bungalow finished Oct 2013 (2).JPG
Badger Oct 2014.JPG
Harvey and Ruby..JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Gosh, is it humid today! I was going to wait for things to dry up before picking lettuce, but I don't think that is going to happen. The hens are all ruffled--they are damp and think they are WET.
Colin, I showed my husband your pictures of the cat homes you built, and my woodworking husband just said, "Wow"! Well done. Sure wish you were our neighbor--you and my husband would repair the entire county and provide shelter for all the cats.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@marlingardener High humidity is awful - you constantly feel that oil is oozing out of your every pore and it's mixed with all the dust and dirt in the air.. I don't miss the experience one iota!

Nice boxes.. Wish you could show my son .. Better than building virtual model on the computer.

Oh, love the badger .. So cute!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very mild about 12c and supposed to be raining.. Not a lot. I emptied my butts to receive this batch of rain, but no, not much going. :cry::cry:; but very cloudy ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, so it seems, but I need so much more. I need rainwater to wash my pots as well.

Glad that I don't need to water anything today.

Ask a Question