Weather

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, 9 to 14c, predicted to be cloudy ..

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Yorkshire and Humber
Forecast Summary
  • Today
    Some bright or sunny spells for many areas and it will probably remain dry. Cloud might increase and thicken later in the day. Rather breezy especially during the afternoon.

• Tonight
    A band of cloud and some light rain will move south to mainly affect the Pennines. Clearer conditions will follow after midnight with winds becoming mainly light.

How typical of our weather forecast; probably remain dry; cloud might increase. It probably won't remain dry and it's already overcast; rather breezy is a joke considering we have Gale with us the year round; guess who lives very near The Pennines. Grrrrrrr. I doubt our weather forecasters could accurately forecast rain if they they were standing outside in a cloudburst? :(

Today is a special day; Bron and I have been invited to a VIP birthday party at 2:30 this afternoon; the cake is made the candles are ready to be lit and the presents bought. Max is five today and is our lovely neighbour Carole's tabby cat whom we all spoil rotten; we have a party for him every year which we look forward to; in the meantime I'd better get off my backside and wander up the mountain to do more tidying and perhaps shredding. :):):)

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan; we need to look after all our little critters especially in winter when they have such an hard time. Bron and I are both softies and wouldn't hurt anything.

We enjoyed Max's birthday party just the four of us; I managed to take pictures of the cake before we scoffed it and Max enjoyed his treats and a lot of fussing. :):):)

I managed a couple of hours shredding this morning and I've left everything handy for an early start tomorrow morning because I'm keen to start planting. It didn't rain after all and although the day felt mild the breeze coming up the valley added a chill factor so I was well wrapped up. (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

DSC00021.JPG

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan; yes it was; I scoffed two big pieces plus an iced bun; it was all dairy free being made by our neighbour; shame to waste it. :)(y)

Kind regards, Colin.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It was a grey day. :( 45F right now, raining. Rain predicted off and on the next 3 days.

@Colin, I've been playing "catch-up" in this thread, I guess I forgot about it for a while. :oops: Your paintings are beautiful!! (y)

More catching-up comments... ;)

Cats only purr and the meow for humans.

Cats purr for a lot of reasons, Logan. :) The mother cat purrs while she is nursing her kittens. :love: Our big orange cat, Little Man, will purr to himself while he kneads blankets to get them prepared for sleeping. :rolleyes: When we give Dunder canned cat food, he occasionally gets so happy about it, he tries to purr while he's eating - which doesn't work very well. :eek:

I haven't seen them meow other than for humans, but when they greet each other after a time apart, they give a high pitched trilling sound .... "brrrrr?" is the best way I can spell it. It lifts at the end like a question! :ROFLMAO: (The cat on the left in the video is making a sound almost like the sound mine do.)

I don't know if you know this but, don't put whole peanuts out during the breeding season. :)

Why is this, Logan? (I don't doubt you, but the curiosity is killing me! :D.)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
6 to 11c and supposed to be grey.. the whole day. I am praying for rain, AGAIN!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It was a grey day. :( 45F right now, raining. Rain predicted off and on the next 3 days.

@Colin, I've been playing "catch-up" in this thread, I guess I forgot about it for a while. :oops: Your paintings are beautiful!! (y)

More catching-up comments... ;)

Cats purr for a lot of reasons, Logan. :) The mother cat purrs while she is nursing her kittens. :love: Our big orange cat, Little Man, will purr to himself while he kneads blankets to get them prepared for sleeping. :rolleyes: When we give Dunder canned cat food, he occasionally gets so happy about it, he tries to purr while he's eating - which doesn't work very well. :eek:

I haven't seen them meow other than for humans, but when they greet each other after a time apart, they give a high pitched trilling sound .... "brrrrr?" is the best way I can spell it. It lifts at the end like a question! :ROFLMAO: (The cat on the left in the video is making a sound almost like the sound mine do.)

@MaryMary i must have got it mixed up, it's the meow, that they do it only to humans. It's only what i've seen on TV.

Don't give loose peanuts in the breeding season, because they will feed them to their young.

Why is this, Logan? (I don't doubt you, but the curiosity is killing me! :D.)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks for your kind comment MaryMary. (y)

Thanks also for adding the delightful cat video; I wonder if the two kittens are the feline version of Waldorf & Statler? :):):)

Years ago we had a big ginger tom cat called Gino and he would sleep in his basket in the kitchen; with the kitchen door closed he used to drive us round the bend because his purring for hours on end was like having an outboard motor in the kitchen running flat out and we couldn't hear the TV in the front room for him; the vet said he had never heard a cat purr as loud; Gino adopted us we and loved him for about three years; in his final year he was diagnosed with diabetes; we used to leave his cat tray out but not put litter in it then every morning I did a urine test then injected Gino with insulin; Gino never flinched and it was as though he knew how much we cared for him; he must have been an old cat before he joined us. Most ginger cats are toms by the way.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question