Weather

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp at least you feel a bit better. That's where it is. I get it in my teeth and tickles in my mouth, which make me cough. I get one every year, hubby brings it back from the schools.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, contacts with a big number of people, especially beginning of school terms make cold nearly unavoidable. I wish I had taken 2 paracetamols last night. I thought I would get over it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Have done. Had a banana and a sushi pack before taking them and my nose is bugging me... and now my eyes.. Very vicious cold.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
That's good, but try and take it easy. Hubby always gets it on his chest. His mom said it was because he had whooping cough when he was little. When he used to work, always went when he had a cold. The once he made himself very bad by going. So he had to stay at home and over Christmas, i had to do all the dog walking, aswell as cooking the Christmas dinner.
So you take care, enjoy your bargain hunting.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have Vics smeared on my throat and that helps a bit, but I walk around with a stench:eek: .. LOL!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20171106_064913.jpg
Morning all, frosty.2-9c

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Same here, Logan - a thick layer of frost . and breath instantly turned into vapour ..Compared with @johnny canoe 's weather, we fuss over NOTHING! LOL!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope you're feeling better alp. (y)

Thanks for posting the picture Logan. We too suffered a deep frost last night and I spent ages clearing the car windows before I could drive away. Below is a picture taken this morning across the valley showing both frost and mist; the day however turned out to be beautiful even if it was cold.

Kind regards, Colin.

Frost and mist..JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You've got a view! Lovely, Colin. It's been so cold this morning that it took an hour for the frost to disappear. I'm feeling a lot better. Thank you.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan & alp.

The houses on the valley side are terraced in order to appreciate the panoramic view which looks much better real than in the picture; the valley drops down below us and we see straight over the rooftops; the houses in the picture are actually houses being upside down with bedrooms below; ours is a true bungalow with just the garage below. The valley reaches much higher than our position topping out at Grange Moor so the houses are even more exposed to weather extremes; ours is bad enough. Visitors to our home are amazed by the view some even taking pictures. Bron and I love living here in spite of it being on such a steep valley side; one thing is certain; we aren't worried about floods.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question