Weather

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
one thing is certain; we aren't worried about floods.

Haha. True .. Same here. There so little rain here. 5 minutes away, they were pelting down, but here not a drop... Yes, you have a lovely view. I have nothing but rooftops and now people's voices are so much closer ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We have 7 to 8c and mostly overcast.. It has now cleared up a bit.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Had our first snowfall yesterday afternoon for about 2 hours, but the ground is still too warm for it to stick. 3c / 37f right now. Sunny the next few days but temps don't go up much. The leaves are just about gone from the trees.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
4 to 10c - very low temperature and overcast though sunshine might come after noon..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning - very mild 10c, with a bit of breeze, ideal for drying clothes, I hope.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Did some snow biking a couple days ago.
Snowing right now but it has warmed up to just below freezing.
P1050081.JPG
P1050089.JPG

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Lovely pictures johnny canoe. Brrrrrrrr. (y)

Bron and I set off to M&S in Pudsey after dinner today for Bron to enjoy some Christmas retail therapy; we always sort Christmas shopping out early. As we departed it was cold but brilliant sunshine so I put on my sunglasses; two miles out and Blackie caught up giving us a downpour; Ten miles further and I removed the sunglasses; no sooner done this that the sun was out again; it wasn't raining in Pudsey and neither was it raining as we set off home but it didn't take long before Blackie joined us again and it's a dark dismal cold wet black hole here now at 5C so I'm not complaining because this is normal for us. Bron enjoyed the trip out so this also pleased me. :):):)

Yesterday morning I planted shrubs and bulbs in the garden with Gale trying to blow me over; this morning I planted more with Gale in attendance and the wind she was kicking up was biting; when I came indoors I was perished and there are many months of this to come until next June if it's a short winter? We enjoy nine month long winters and three months of bad weather every year. We can have many extremely cold mornings with deep frost or snow but then the sun can come out making it like a picture postcard with clear blue sky here but it remains bitterly cold with Gale giving a further chill factor; roll on the 21st December when it's the shortest day then at least the daylight starts to lengthen giving us some hope. It won't be long before the Valentine cards are on display? ;)

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely snow photos, @johnny canoe !

Does your bike wobble in the snowy track? I remember my car "swimming" on a bit of black ice. That really scared me a bit. It's no laughing matter as that could cause an accidents.

Today is very miserable 7 to 9c..

Would love to have @MaryMary 's sunshine. Whenever there is sunshine, my house is warm as there are big windows facing west and the sunshine via the glass is fantastic.

Ask a Question