Weather

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What a shower the weather forecasters really are; I'm an even bigger fool for believing them; our forecast is now changed to sunny with a light breeze; that is until 20:00 hours tonight when thunderstorms are forecast once again. I've just covered the car windscreen and I predict snow; the difference between my prediction and the weather forecasters prediction is they have a big salary for getting it hopelessly wrong.

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2018-7-28_5-47-50.png

So much for the HEAVY rain predicted.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

For the last two days we've been forecast thunderstorms and heavy rain but no storms or a drop of rain; today's forecast is for light rain showers and a fresh breeze; it's just been absolutely pouring down with rain.

Kind regards, Colin.

upload_2018-7-28_8-36-44.png

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all light rain and moderately breeze temp. 15 to 21c

Sunrise was 5.23
Sunset 21.05

They can't say where the thunderstorms are going to be,be becau they don't know.:):ROFLMAO:

We had them yesterday and they wasn't predicted.

Yesterday when it was raining heavily found that the guttering on the back of the house was partially blocked.
Must have been the sparrows nesting in it at the other end as they usually do, got washed down with the rain.
Hubby doesn't like going up ladders so going to get the person who comes round sometimes. Have to find his number.:)
Have a good day all.:)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm sure you're right Logan about the forecasters not knowing where the thunderstorms will hit; we were forecast thunderstorms and heavy rain over two days but no storms or a drop of rain; our friends though in Hull had huge thunderstorms and heavy rain; I think Blackie must be ill and confused forgetting where Bron and I live; Huddersfield is a big area and it's possible 7 miles away still in Huddersfield there could be thunderstorms whilst it's sunny here?

Better to get someone in to clear your gutters Logan if your hubby doesn't like ladders; many people don't like height but it's never bothered me; a few years ago I was up the top of our big trees to "top" them using my log saw; I have a 20" petrol chainsaw but it's heavy and cumbersome to take up a tree; it's surprising how much a tree sways as it's top drops free.

We had a couple of heavy showers yesterday and it's raining now but the forecast is for more hot weather in August; I like hot dry weather because we have so little of it. Yorkshire is the biggest county in England so areas of it could have much different weather. The forecasters could be right depending on which part of Huddersfield we live in? Much better just to look out of the window.

Bron and I live in a true bungalow and would never live in a house again with its stairs.

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Colin.trees can be very tricky to do. :)It's like that sometimes here, it can be dry in one part and wet in another.:)

The hot weather will build up during this week.:)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Trees can be very tricky indeed Logan especially here on the exposed valley side. I'm surprised we have any big trees left; the pictures below show what fun I have; one of the pictures show storm damage to one of our 80' tall conifers; this was a huge tree with a number of trunks; one of the big trunks broke allowing the trunk to fall over our shed but it hung up dangerously in the adjacent oak tree; I enjoyed removing this in the middle of winter.

The other two pictures are another 80' tall conifer I felled because it being in such close proximity to our bungalow it looked very dangerous swaying in strong wind; it landed right up the garden between other big trees. I dislike felling trees because I've always liked trees of all kinds except Monkey Puzzle Trees.

I'm in a bit of trouble and am grounded at the moment; I'm suffering tummy pain; the last time I had pain in the same area I was rushed into hospital in agony ending up there for three days with lots of tubes sticking out of me; nothing nearly as bad at the moment but I daren't push my luck so I hope to ride it out over the next few days. :(

Kind regards, Colin.

Bottom half of trunk..jpg
IMG_6669.JPG
Tree felling Oct 2012. (10).jpg

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Colin sorry that you are in pain and hope that you are better soon. I know what it's like to have tummy pain.

Those conifers were big, when we moved here we had 2 conifers just like that in the back and they do cast a lot of shade and we don't have a very large garden, so they went. A large one in front of the living room window and we don't get the sun much that way, so that went. It makes a lot of difference. When they built these houses they planted a lot. But they didn't think to plant them in good places.
Hope you are better soon.
Logan

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Many thanks Logan for your concern and kindness which I appreciate. :) I hope I'm bouncing around soon because it's unlike me to spend time doing very little.

We weren't too bothered about light being blocked out because our conifers looked wonderful; one in particular was a beauty; they were too near our bungalow and also threatened our neighbours bungalow so with a great deal of regret I felled and disposed of them; it's amazing just how heavy freshly felled timber is; I cut them into short sections and could only just lift each section; the trunks went to neighbours for their woodburners the brash I shredded and used as mulch; it was heavy physical work but gave me a good workout.

It's been a Blackie day today wet most of the day but the sun has just appeared; the rain will have done a lot of good and I hope no one has suffered flooding.

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I hope so too.:)
Yes they do look nice and very heavy as you say.
Yes rain all day for us and tomorrow showers.:(
I think we must have blackies sister.:)
Take care
Logan.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thank you Logan; how kind of you to ask; still with tummy ache but at least it's no worse so fingers crossed with light duties it will go on its own; it's just a nuisance and has grounded me although I've already done the shopping this morning. (y)

Light rain and gentle breeze for today; I'll be happy to send Blackie's other sister Gale down to you on an extended stay Logan; she was with us all day yesterday and I wonder just what a gentle breeze will be like today?

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question