Weather

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Finally some rain, and a bit of relief from the heat. The only problem is over the next few days the humidity is going to be ultra high as the cloud cover breaks and the sun bakes.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm fit again much to my delight so onwards and upwards; fortunately this last three days didn't end up with me in hospital like it did two years ago. :):):)

I've got a nice project to get stuck into too; Bron mentioned creating a new porch area to our front door; the front door is set back 48" from the front of the bungalow bounded on both sides by random stone walls; ideal for making into a porch so last night I was browsing the web for design ideas; of course it will be timber made because we dislike plastic and I can do the entire job myself. Door with side panels?

Yesterday was forecast light rain with a gentle breeze but Blackie doesn't do light; it poured with rain.

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Colin glad that you are better.:)
You've got a good project to do to keep you busy.:)
Why have plastic when you're good with wood.:)

Morning all sunny intervals and light wind temp. 15 to 21c
Sunrise was 5.26
Sunset 21.01
Had a few heavy showers at 5am, but better now.
Have a good day all.:)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan; you too have a great day. (y):)

The sun's shining here; I know this because I looked out of the window. :D

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2018-8-2_10-44-5.png

Look at the temperature and you can hear me weeping again!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

You'll look back with fondness soon alp at these temperatures. :D

I've just returned from our local timber yards; the first one I visited just one look at the redwood PAR in the racks was enough for me to walk away; I'm making a new front entrance to our bungalow including door and side panels so I need decent timber that is straight; untwisted and unbowed; had I been making rocking chairs the timber I had just seen would have been excellent. :(

Round at the second timber yard a young guy greeted me and I explained I wished to view their timber stock for quality before placing my order; he kindly obliged and pulled a length of 100mm x 50mm from the rack asking if this would be suitable; yes it was so the timber will arrive on Monday. I've enjoyed a productive morning; hardware ordered for the new entrance and now the timber on its way; I'm looking forward to hearing my machinery sing again and as a bonus this Saturday is Rufforth Auto Jumble; Whoopee it must be Christmas. Whilst in "The Works" in Meadowhall a couple of days ago we noticed they are now getting ready for Christmas; next month will they be getting ready for Valentine's Day and Easter?

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan; I agree Christmas usually starts in September but late July is now taking the Mickey? (y)

Bron and I have just returned home from a garden centre; the car was reading 28C; modern car air conditioning though is wonderful; many years ago our then Reliant Robin seats used to burn us when they had been exposed to the sun back around 1984.

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to a potentially very hot day

upload_2018-8-3_8-1-15.png

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason, my computer is very slow today. But the speed test seems to be OK

upload_2018-8-4_7-59-27.png

Ask a Question