Weather

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Another sunny and hot day and today, it's worse as there is no breeze. Yesterday morning was cool and breezy

upload_2018-8-5_8-25-28.png

With all the rains, none of my butts are full and one is leaking ..

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My fingers and toes are crossed hoping both Blackie and Gale don't return for a couple of weeks; timber is arriving tomorrow for a new front door and side panels I'm going to make; it will be very rare indeed to work on an outside project without being wet; frozen and blown around. (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
We're now in our third month of drought (rained once in that time) with temperatures currently running in the upper 80s to mid 90s. Yesterday was 95F in the shade and too hot to go into the sun. The forecast is that it will cool down from Wednesday :cautious:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please expect monsoons and freezing weather shortly; I've timber arriving today which I'm using to make a front door and side panels; I seldom do any work outside without my companions Blackie and his sister Gale keeping me company; Blackie likes to ensure I'm water cooled and Gale enjoys adding the chill factor in blowing me around. :mad:

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2018-8-6_8-43-18.png

Another scorcher and tomorrow is even worse. Hope there is a breeze as that mitigates the heat a bit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Same temps over here in Cow town. 28 today 34 later in the week. We have had thunder storms come through every afternoon so my lawn is a beautiful green and that's without me watering it for the past couple weeks.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
34? Do you have air-con in the summer, @johnny canoe ? I actually saw an air-con unit temporarily installed in the butcher's shop. We used to have 36 or 38c back home. I wish I had your thunderstorm. The cracks in my lawns are getting bigger and biggers and there are bald patches everywhere. One area in the garden, which I wanted to return to grass, has seen 20 or more tomatoes springing up. I must have dumped a lot of soil with tons of unsprouted seeds into the same area! Talking about gardening design!:eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Please expect monsoons and freezing weather shortly; I've timber arriving today which I'm using to make a front door and side panels; I seldom do any work outside without my companions Blackie and his sister Gale keeping me company; Blackie likes to ensure I'm water cooled and Gale enjoys adding the chill factor in blowing me around. :mad:

Whatever you do, don't move down to our part of the country!!! :D

I'd rather have our hot weather and my air-conditioning. (y) Although I would prefer, even more, the temperature remaining in the low to mid 20s instead of the low to mid 30s. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Whatever you do, don't move down to our part of the country!!! :D

I'd rather have our hot weather and my air-conditioning. (y) Although I would prefer, even more, the temperature remaining in the low to mid 20s instead of the low to mid 30s. :)

No, I won't if you are only 2 stones' away from Colin's! LOL!

Yes, mid 20 and above 16c is beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hello alp, I don't need ac in my house, my basement is always cool. Some people do have it and of course I have to have it in my vehicles.

What a brilliant idea! Here mega rich celebrities like Robbie Williams wants to extend his basement in the central of London. In one serious case, the neighbouring house literally collapsed. Will it be colder or warmer in the basement in winter, @johnny canoe ?

Ask a Question