Weather

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A warm and sunny day yesterday and not today.

You were lucky (y) You had clothes! :D

Thanks Bootsy; the problem with our clothes was that we had so few of them with hand me downs full of holes as were our shoes; food was also scarce; in those days it was visit a circus to see the fat lady because all around us was abject poverty?

Bron and I have just returned home from Catcliffe near Sheffield both ways via the M1 canal.

WOW is this a Yorkshire forecast or a sick joke; where's my constant pet cloud Blackie?

upload_2018-5-2_12-5-34.png

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What an incredible climate; absolutely pouring with rain this morning now this afternoon warm dry sunshine but with Gale trying to blow everything over.

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What an incredible climate; absolutely pouring with rain this morning now this afternoon warm dry sunshine but with Gale trying to blow everything over.

Kind regards, Colin.
That's the UK for you and the time of year.:)
It's been sunshine and showers all afternoon, some heavy.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We didn't have a lot of rain yesterday.

It's chilly this morning, but a good day for gardening to look forward to.
upload_2018-5-3_6-32-22.png

Look at the golden globes .. 21c is just perfect! Can't ask for more.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2018-5-4_7-33-0.png

It's going to be fine Saturday for all - enjoy life, folks - clear azure with golden globes for a few days and heat to make the plants sing and dance! Joyous few days to come and hope everyone gardens with a smile on the face and spring in the body! :cool::LOL::ROFLMAO::cool::cool::cool:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope you're right about tomorrow alp. I attend Rufforth Autojumble the first Saturday of each month weather permitting; the last five months included missing three jumbles due to our dire climate and last month when I visited it was perishingly cold with a terrible forecast so many of the stalls remained vacant; is a miracle about to occur tomorrow morning?

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope you're right about tomorrow alp. I attend Rufforth Autojumble the first Saturday of each month weather permitting; the last five months included missing three jumbles due to our dire climate and last month when I visited it was perishingly cold with a terrible forecast so many of the stalls remained vacant; is a miracle about to occur tomorrow morning?

Kind regards, Colin.

Yes, take my word for it (I could be Michael Fish), even Ireland will be basking in sunshine and I am not being toasted, baked and kilned! LOL!:LOL:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We had rain last night, right after my dear husband finished shredding the pasture. I don't have to haul water this morning, and although it's overcast, it promises to be a cool and breezy day good for working outside. I had planned to do more weeding, but the gardens will be too soft to tromp around it. I'll finish up the pruning and deadhead roses. Work I can do standing up--yippee!

Ask a Question