the rose tree is dying

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Hello everybody
My mother's rose tree is dying. the leaves go yellow and quickly die, is this serious , could this kill the tree?
12900116_1094254833972219_666832091_n.jpg

12910806_1094254753972227_1461824545_n.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'd like to jump in on this as I would love to see what anyone has to say. I, too, had a rose tree and it died so we replaced it and I'm waiting for Spring to show up already (we had snow this morning) so I can see if my rose tree will bloom. My husband is the one who planted it and I believe he added bone meal to it but nothing else. Any advice? Is it possible it's the location where it's planted? I'd love to hear what's worked and maybe what hasn't. I used to have a lovely wild rose bush at my old house. It would produce an abundance of bright pink wild roses, so when we moved I wanted to plant one and have the same experience. But nothing so far. The rose tree that died had given us exactly 3 roses and then the leaves fell off and the branches turned black.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Misa, that looks like rose rust, a fungus disease that while isn't terribly serious, can weaken your rose. Apply a fungicide according to directions, remove any fallen leaves and either burn them or put them in the trash (don't compost them!) and keep good air circulation around your rose.
Autumn, it sounds as if you had a very severe fungus problem with your previous rose that died. I can't be certain, but it sure wouldn't hurt to apply a fungicide to your current rose as soon as the leaves come out. In the spring, when your rose starts to show signs of life (little red bumps on the canes that will become leaves), you can give it a general fertilizer (5-10-5) or a fertilizer specifically for roses. Bone meal is good, but doesn't contain all the elements a rose needs.

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
thank you marlingardener, that will help me.
thanks everybody.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Great @marlingardener I'm definitely going to try that. I can grow vegetables and I have no problems with other types of flowers other than roses for some reason. I wasn't the one who had planted the rose bush from my previous residence so that's probably why I didn't have any issues with it. I figured Bone meal was fine but not adequate enough, I'll tell my husband about fungicide and we'll find something for it because I do not want to lose another one. I'm surprised the garden place we went to didn't suggest this, but it's likely the employee we spoke with didn't know too much about flowers and plants other than where the pink, red, yellow etc...flowers are. Thanks again, I appreciate the help!

Ask a Question